Manages the direct employees/contractors, product, budget, & process activities of the Systems Engineering practice across all Business Units. Leads people in executing the overall engineering strategy and direction developed by the management team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads a team of Systems Leads, Systems Architects, and Systems Engineers working on a diverse set of automotive products and technologies that include the cockpit controller, infotainment systems, cluster, heads up displays, cameras, switches and wireless chargers, audio amplifiers.
- Ensures that the systems engineering team meets the quality, cost and timeline requirements of all deliverables to individual programs.
- Develops business unit/customer group level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of all the programs in the engineering group assigned in the form of work breakdown structure resource planning tools.
- Manages project level activities in analyzing key product indicator data & trends to improve the product quality & development process.
- Managing, planning, and forecasting for resources, material expense, third party vendor expenses, and fixed assets in an effort to identify and implement savings for assigned projects, relative to overall budget.
- Builds organizational capability by developing skills of internal talent using stretch assignments and coaching people on their individual projects and behaviors, interviewing and hiring external resources.
- Ensures that performance expectations are clear to the individuals (direct employees/contractors) within the project/program. Specifically, ensure that the project/program’s strategic and operational goals are clear to all and that individual accountabilities and objectives are aligned to support achieving overall project/program goals.
- Responsible for succession planning and identifies high-potential talent within project/program and follow through with additional developmental plans.
- Drives continuous improvement ideas in consultation with lead systems engineers to improve quality and cost of the product and facilitate lessons learnt are transferred across multiple programs.
- Leads pursuit of new business by providing responses to RFI/RFQ, work in cross functional teams to develop ideas for products and architectures and support technical design reviews.
- Develops Subject Matter experts in various technologies that are used in PASA product line.
- Authors new processes when needed and submits for approval prior to implementation. Understanding the trade-offs and owning the strategy between rapid development projects through to production intent projects.
- Assures all staff are trained and understand the PASA Product development process/ASPICE/Functional Safety/Security for all projects under the senior manager’s purview.
- Responsible to assure all staff within the group, and across projects, are compliant and follow the process including documenting and archiving any required process evidential artifacts.
- Builds rapport and cooperative relationships with customers. Implements effective ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and seeks suggestions for improvement.
- Four-year college degree in Systems, Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering in automotive, defense, or consumer electronics industry.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated budget and people management experience, preferably leading geographically diverse engineering teams.
- Experience in launching products from concept to launch in the respective field of engineering. Combination of good technical and management experience.
- Deep Technical experience in various technologies that are used in infotainment systems, cockpit controllers, cluster development is preferred including Android, AGL, Wireless Communication, Speech Technologies, Navigation, HMI, Artificial Intelligence, Projection Technologies etc., required.
- Experience in Systems/Software/Hardware Architecture, development of system requirements required.
- Knowledge of ASpice, Functional Safety standards, Cybersecurity standards preferred.
- Proven experience in launching automotive /defense/consumer electronics products from concept to Launch and driving organizational change initiatives is required.
- Experience in using modelling tools and methods such as SysML/UML preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.