Responsible for the SMT engineering department. Responsible for the development of plans and setting goals to achieve production goals with quality and efficiency. Performs in depth analysis of manufacturing processes to assure their improvement including acquisition of manufacturing/processes equipment, jigs/fixtures, planning and control in the launching and transferring of new programs. Responsible for the development of engineering staff to be successful in solving engineering/processes and production issues.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Achieves company target on Surface Mount Technology (SMT) process. Works with all members in machine center area utilizing resources to meet goals (OEE, lost cost, quality, continuous improvement, budget control) for internal and external customers.
- Keep up with technology new Developments in the market and based on that, to develop a technology renewal strategy that allows SMT operations to meet projected customer demand in the most efficient way.
- Leads and coordinates the design and implementation of manufacturing processes for building prototype products, pre- production products, transfers, etc.
- Update and improvement of SMT Engineering processes, core tools, work instructions, implementation of ECO/ECN. Updates and maintains Engineering procedures, documentation, to include: Work Instructions (WI), Process Flow Diagram (PFD), Process Failure Mode, Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Plan to Control process (PC’s), etc.), evaluations and engineering change orders (ECO), etc.
- Participates and follows up with continues improvement workshops and activities. Leads engineering team to develop continuous improvement projects in regards of enhancing SMT production processes and/or reduce fixed cost.
- Validate rework method for non-conforming PCB recovery.
- Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions for manufacturing process problems or design related issues in current and new launching products.
- Leads and establishes guidelines for the Design of manufacturing process, PFD, PFMEA, WI, line layout, line balance of each manufacturing line, to achieve the best productivity results possible.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in all manufacturing processes. Controls and evaluates quality concerns for internal and external customers. Implements resolutions with the Machine Center team to address/eliminate issues.
- Continuously communicates with Designers, Program Managers, PASA or any other PAS subsidiaries regarding the launching of new programs to ensure pre-production (PP’s) at PASMX runs smoothly and quality/production targets are achieved.
- Reviews plant capacity issues and defines/implements actions as needed to meet current and future demands for all customers.
- Define and/or improve reflow soldering process appropriate for the different kind of products to manufacture assuring desired quality and including implementation/monitoring/improvement of required controls, poka yokes and/or automation.
- Define and/or improve appropriate methods and technology used for assy and final PCB inspection to guarantee Production meets desired quality and avoid internal/external escapes.
- Define and improve maintenance process and methods for all required SMT equipment including calibration to make sure that equipment will be running with desired efficiency (CPK confirmation).
- Four-year degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Computer Systems Engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Business administration is a plus.
- Minimum of seven (7) years related experience (Electronic manufacturing / SMT process)
- Strong technical experience managing Paste print process, Solder Paste Inspection system, Component placement process (Fine pitch, irregular, Pin in Paste), Reflow profile definition, Automatic Optical Inspection System, X-Ray Inspection System (2D &3D), knowledge about BGA process and manufacturing defects, Solder Paste alloys selection.
- Minimum of three (3) years successful experience at a manager level.
- Expert in OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and Equipment Capacity Analysis (Cycle time & Component), strong experience with Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM), Knowledge about latest technical equipment development (Technology roadmap), Knowledge about Line Balance Ratio (LBR), experience managing Capital Equipment (Fix Assets) and department budget (Expense and headcount). Results oriented and able to follow KPI related to the area (OEE, Quality, Scrap, etc.)
- Excellent proven leadership capabilities required.
- Bilingual English-Spanish language skills is a plus.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.