Manages and directs the implementation, communication, evaluation, and administration of the Company’s Compensation, Benefits and Immigration function.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible for the overall administration, communication, and analysis of base salary and wage programs, incentive programs, bonus plans, merit plans, job description development, and evaluation systems.
- Develops, designs, and implements a competitive compensation program and administrative procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Monitors the industry and external market and provide analysis on the impact of relevant developments in the compensation and benefits arena, including trends in cash compensation.
Ensures participation and timely completion of data for national, regional, and local salary and wage surveys.
- Advises management on compensation actions for employees.
- Prepares and delivers compensation, benefits and immigration communications.
- Conducts internal analysis to determine appropriate pay level according to compensation guidelines and addresses equity issues as appropriate.
- Writes job descriptions and/or gives direction to the development of job descriptions. Reviews job descriptions, benchmarking, position grading and development of salary structures.
- Reviews proposals for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment and FLSA classification.
- Coordinates, delegates and/or works collaboratively with other managers, co-workers, peers or subordinates across an organization in order to meet specific organizational goals or project deadlines.
- Maintains current knowledge of and interpretation of related laws and in particular, the FLSA.
- Analyzes current programs and makes recommendations for improved effectiveness.
- Creates and maintains all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with current programs and policies.
- Maintains appropriate records and documents and updates HRIS with current employee compensation information as appropriate.
- Required to maintain the confidential nature of all employees and company proprietary and privileged information used or observed in the course of performing job duties.
- Oversees communication of Company’s benefit programs serving as PASA's point of contact in reference to benefit coordination with PNA.
- Participates in annual open enrollment discussions and dissemination of information to employees.
- Manages, administers and coordinates worker's compensation program. Manages the accident investigation process on both major and minor incidents.
- Cost analysis of benefits for budget purposes.
- Coordinates and develops related policies and procedures.
- Oversees and manages Immigration program.
- Works with Company Immigration attorneys to ensure proper processing of all visa needs.
- Supports Company’s green card program efforts.
- Initiates all PERM labor certification applications (LCA’s) and I-140 applications. Reviews and posts LCA’s.
- Answer general questions regarding visa applications (TN, H1B, Greencard).
- Ensures I-9’s are reviewed and updated. Ensures training is provided to other HR professionals, as needed.
- Ensures Company public access files are created and maintained.
- Ensures proper filing of Immigration documents.
- Develops processes and procedures and makes process improvement recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field and a minimum of seven years (7) experience in a human resources function (Compensation, Benefits and Payroll experience required) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (5-8) years successful human resources experience at a manager level required.
- Experience designing, building, and managing compensation systems in order to meet specific organizational objectives.
- Experience reviewing data in order to identify and perform appropriate statistical operations.
- Prior experience with Benefit programs.
- Prior experience ensuring compliance with SOX (policies, procedures and testing).
- Prior Immigration experience to include knowledge of USCIS laws, regulations, processes and procedures.
- Current knowledge of HR practices and principles, Federal and State labor/pay regulations.
- Experience coordinating and presenting training sessions.
- CCP, PHR/SPHR Human Resources Certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows based databases.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.