Hussmann is looking for someone with strong accounting and analytical skills that has the capabilities and desire to grow in the Hussmann Accounting and Finance Organization. The Senior Accountant will be the owner of Hussmann’s Intercompany Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP), as well as, the Intercompany Investment and Equity process. This role will be taking a fresh look at the Company’s Intercompany Process, understanding and documenting the Current State Process and working with their Manager and others in the Finance Organization to come up with the Future State Process, including the automation of the reconciliation process. This role will also have a key responsibility in future system implementations as the lead for overseeing, documenting and testing the Intercompany AR and AP process and reconciliation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing, understanding, and documenting the Overall Intercompany AP and AR process for Hussmann (includes documenting process flow maps and connecting the process in the general ledgers into the consolidation System Hyperion).
- Responsible for Intercompany journal entries and reconciling all intercompany AP and AR for Oracle, Baan, BAS, and InforXA US (includes tie out to the Consolidation System – Hyperion). This includes identifying, researching and correcting all out of balances related to these systems on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable process for Intercompany in Oracle, Baan, BAS, and InforXA (including how to set up, process, and pay IC customers and suppliers – for Hussmann and Panasonic).
- Responsible for the Intercompany Investment and Equity Process (Includes Journal Entries and Reconciliations – GL and Tying to the Consolidation System Hyperion).
- Other Responsibilities and Improvements:
- Reviewing and ensuring Intercompany policies are being followed Sarbanes Oxley Testing and External Audit Support
- Improve month end intercompany statement process
- Intercompany Reconciliation Automations Review and improve Panasonic Intercompany Process and Entries Team member on new system implementation (own Intercompany Process)
- Team member on legal entity / structure change projects (own Intercompany Investment and Equity Accounting Entries)
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Experience in a Shared Services/Corporate Accounting environment
- Experience with Intercompany AR and AP / Equity and Investment Accounting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, and Access
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
- Experience with Blackline, Alteryx or Other Automation tools
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented
- Ability to generate new ideas / solutions and think independently; strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage competing priorities.