The SR HRBP serves as a hands-on strategic partner providing guidance and direction to senior leadership in all areas including but not limited to staffing, training, communications, employee and labor relations while acting as an employer and employee advocate. Departments of support include Manufacturing, Operations, Commercial Sales, Customer Engagement, and Digital Products. This person will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, willing to perform routine functions as well as develop a strategy to drive the business. This individual must be a self-starter who is comfortable working with ambiguity and demonstrate decision-making abilities that align with overall Hussmann.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with multi-functional business leaders to ensure Human Resources practices are met including HR Compliance, Staffing Levels, Retention and Team Member Engagement
- Plan and direct succession initiatives. Work with individuals and/or teams on Development Plans. Create career frameworks to promote growth for internal talent.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to attract, hire, and onboard new team members. Serve as the panel interview lead to ensure the right candidate is selected now and for future succession.
- Perform role analysis to ensure market competitiveness and internal equity. Conduct compensation reviews and propose adjustments to attract and retain talent.
- Ensure compliance with federal and multi-state employment regulations, as well as provide guidance on Hussmann policies and procedures; promote the use of self-service and HR Employee Services options
- Handle all employee relations matters and complaints, including conducting investigations and complaint resolution. Participate in grievance process for union associates when applicable.
- Act as a connector between the business unit and the enterprise HR team, advocating and educating for consistent, best practices/policies by sharing unique insight and knowledge.
- Partner with Retail Service leaders to provide support and guidance on the digital roadmap, projects and people investments required to deliver on the strategy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management or related field and hold a PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- 8+ years progressive Human Resources experience
- 2+ years’ experience providing HR support in a union environment and managing under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Advanced in using Workday or similar HRIS system, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to support Contact Center and Union Plant environments.
- Strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities and diverse audiences.
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills, a hands-on approach in working with line management, and the ability to work independently.
- Understanding of applicable labor laws and HR theory required.
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills) and able to effectively champion and present ideas to all levels of the organization.
- Experience in managing relationships with business stakeholders and earning a “seat at the table” to actively engage business leaders and shape future policies and strategies.
- Experience in change implementation planning and management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.