Function as an HR business partner with focus on specific client organization to assist in the alignment of HR objectives with strategic organizational objectives. Consults HR Management and the client organization in various areas such as performance consulting, diversity management, change management, leadership development and other key organizational priorities. Will support the strategic and pro-active talent acquisition team, one that will deliver best-in-class results across the organization.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Human Resources Business Partnership
- Work closely with HR Management team and the client group to help design organization structure, business processes, systems that support strategic business goals. Assist in the development of overall HR strategies to support assigned client groups. Attend client group meetings fully prepared to discuss and contribute to meeting agenda topics.
- Work with HR Management team to develop corrective action plans including termination process assuring that policies and procedures are correctly followed.
- Represent both the employee needs and implement management agendas by partnering with employees and management to ensure that concerns and needs of employees are voiced to management.
- Collaborate with PASA human resource management personnel to:
- interpret human resources policies and procedures for consistency, compliance and efficiency.
- assist with the coordination of management training on key interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety and other compliance requirements.
- assist with the performance review and salary administration program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information and recommending courses of action.
- Utilizing HR knowledge, strategizes, develops and implements plans for multi-site locations.
- Identify potential legal risk (FMLA, EEO, ADA, FLSA, Title VII, etc.) to the organization and make recommendations on next steps to minimalize risk and ensure compliance.
- Support local site company-wide initiatives such as EEOC, AAP, ISO, ISM, etc and other company required programs. Assures compliance with federal and state regulations regarding employment.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continuous improvement in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Coordinate with PASA compensation and benefits department members to administer related programs.
- Partner with the compensation department to manage compensation programs for both new hires and existing employee’s. Make salary recommendations in accordance with internal polices ensuring equity among peers within comparative groups.
- Efficiently and timely provides data to local HRIS representative to update and maintain accurate employee records. Retrieves and compiles data as needed from the HRM system.
- Deliver internal training for all levels of employees. Ensure accurate attendance tracking. Assist with development of individual development plans for high potential employees.
- May support and assist with tasks related to the Expat program (global and domestic). Provide information to responsible HR person to ensure timely processing of requests, including needs for U.S. work visa sponsorships.
- Design reports to track HR performance of KPI’s.
- Work with client groups to compose, edit and maintain job descriptions.
- Work with recruiters (internal and external) to drive the staffing of positions in assigned client groups. Determine priorities and communicate those to the recruiter. Interview candidates, coach managers, and drive the selection process.
- Utilizes applicant tracking systems to manage the job requisition process, job postings (internal and external), and applicant flow for AAP.
- Support and help drive campus recruitment strategies.
- Ensure the use of assessment and selection approaches which is effective and legally compliant.
- Initiate, negotiate, and manage working relationships with vendors and external business partners as needed.
- Collaborates with others regarding the Vendor Management System (VMS). Assists in ensuring database is updated and maintained to reflect accurate records. Assist with implementation efforts and management of outside companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in human resources or a related function or ten (10) years’ experience in human resources or a related function or the equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing HR strategies for client groups.
- Experience with the recruitment process to include interviewing, coaching managers and utilizing effective and legally compliant assessment tools to drive the selection process.
- Experience leading and conducting internal training for employees.
- Experience handling and addressing employee relations issues.
- Experience coaching and counseling managers and employees on employment related matters.
- Must have working knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations to include but not limited to FMLA, EEO, ADA, FLSA, Title VII, etc.
- Functional knowledge and use of HRIS and applicant tracking systems required.
- Experience in a design/software engineering environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Ex-Patriot processes preferred.
- PHR/SPHR Human Resources Certification preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows based databases.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.