If you are passionate about contributing to a sustainable future and being part of a dynamic team shaping the electric vehicle revolution, this opportunity is tailor-made for you. We are seeking dedicated individuals to join us as full-time, on-site team members at our new, state-of-the-art factory located in the thriving city of DeSoto, Kansas.
Panasonic is seeking a skilled HR Leader to become our Senior HR Manager, reporting to the VP of HR, and leading a growing team of HR Business Partners and Specialists. This role is the key HR partnership to Panasonic’s operational leadership at the Gigafactory in Kansas and is an opportunity to come into an exciting environment and build. This role combines your leadership, business acumen, leadership development, employee relations, communication, and passion to lead a team to make a difference in a start-up. This organization is poised to grow by several thousand employees in the next few years. Bring your energy and creativity and come build with us.
- Lead a team of HR Business Partners and Specialists to enable business objectives and amplify the voice of the employee. Set the vision, direction, and culture of the team.
- Partner with other HR functional areas such as Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Legal, and Learning and Development to bring robust solutions to bear for organizational challenges.
- Thoughtful ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then lean in, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed.
- Increase employee engagement and positive employee relations through high-touch interactions, upstream communications, opportunities for involvement both at work, as well as in the community.
- Generate credibility with employees through listening, doing what was said would be done, and excellent follow-up back to each individual.
- Shape and champion PENA culture throughout the organization through personal example, clear communication and consistency in policy adherence.
- Create clear and practical policy that appropriately addresses business and employee needs.
- Develop leaders in the organization with excellent coaching and partnership.
- Distill key priorities from on-the-ground interactions into projects with clear scope and accountability, verifying their impact through organizational feedback.
- Present monthly in all-employee assembly formats on relevant HR topics to increase awareness and accessibility to HR.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer from global to local teams as part of production ramp-up plans.
- Understand business goals and recommend thoughtful new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- Collaborate with site and regional leadership teams to harmonize site-specific priorities in alignment with overarching PENA goals (e.g., diversity & inclusion, engagement, and talent management initiatives).
- Deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a high volume workload supporting HR functions and operations leadership.
- Drive and direct employee engagement efforts for senior leaders, front line managers, and employees.
- Continuously innovate HR solutions and process improvement.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees’, wearing PPE is a possibility and includes equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, or related field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a HR capacity, including having led teams
- Manufacturing or related HR experience
- Flexibility – critical for a start-up environment.
- Superb written and spoken communication – but genuine above all. This role is a critical leadership role, with communications affecting a large organization.
- 10+ years HR leadership experience, with a majority in a manufacturing environment, preferably in both union and non-union environments. Multi-site HR leadership preferred.
- Humility and high self-confidence to listen without ego, and advocacy for the important things. Positive energy.
- Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments.
- Superb written and spoken communication. This role is a critical leadership role, with communications affecting a large organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in investigatory elements of employee relations including having addressed concerns related to discrimination, compliance, safety, etc.
- Flexibility – critical for a start-up environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
At the heart of this visionary project, Panasonic is committed to manufacturing cutting-edge cylindrical lithium-ion cells that will power the future of electric mobility. These cells will be meticulously crafted to meet the growing demands of the automotive industry, supporting various electric vehicle manufacturers in their quest for eco-friendly transportation solutions.
This role presents a unique chance to be at the forefront of innovation, working within a forward-thinking organization that is committed to environmental responsibility and the advancement of green technology. Be a part of our mission to power the future and make a difference in the world of electric mobility with Panasonic!
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.