Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Senior Frontend Engineer
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
H-D-Connect: Harley Davidson LiveWire, powered by Panasonic
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Preferred location(s) are Farmington Hills, MI or Peachtree City, GA
What you will get to do:
This is a new role on a highly skilled and motivated delivery team of Product Owners, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers with a passion to imagine, build, test and deploy connected products in the Smart Mobility Space. You will have the opportunity to create the user interface, technical design and develop a multi-platform, cross-functional, customer facing applications.
- Defining and developing frontend web applications
- Create tests for all work done.
- Code reviews, architecture walk throughs and cross functional team knowledge transfer.
- Work with the DevOps team to improve deploy and build process of stacks and repos.
- Process ceremonies, such as agile ceremonies, planning meetings, and team meetings.
What You’ll Bring:
This role reports to the OneConnect Group Manager, Software Engineering.
Education & Experience:
- Advanced experience with HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Advanced experience in understanding of the fundamentals of unit testing and Front-end tools for testing and automation, like TestCafe, Jest, Enzyme.
- Experience building and delivering FE applications that have seen actual production usage with a strong preference React.
- Experience in making meaningful architectural choices based on careful evaluation and prior knowledge of solutions that work.
- Experience working in an agile test-driven development with continuous integration.
- Experience in designing and developing reusable components.
- Experience with software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 7+ years of related commercial experience is preferred.
- Experience with at least one major Redux side effect library such as Redux-Thunk, Redux-Saga, Redux-Loop.
- Experience in building rich progressive web applications (PWA).
- Understanding of the language features of ES8 and ES10.
- Understanding of how to write secure frontend code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
- Proven track record of working with customers to define best-in-class user experiences
- Problem-solving skills and a good eye for subtle UI detail.
- Ability to understand requirements in ambiguous problem spaces.
- Participate in the innovation process, bringing your unique technical view on new concepts to the table.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to optimize components for maximum performance.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to converse orally and in writing with global team members.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers.
- Ability to travel as required for the job.
- We’re passionate about growth and achieving what no one else thought was possible, so even if you don’t meet every qualification but think you can be successful, we encourage you to apply and tell us about how you can contribute to that vision.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $100,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.