Panasonic – Senior Financial Planning and Analysis
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
Responsible for analyzing and reporting on KPIs and key business drivers for PNA. Develops and communicates insight on financial variances and provides actionable recommendations to align to PNA strategic goals. Has responsibility for driving and managing budgeting and forecasting processes for all PIDSA HQ cost centers, including corresponding allocation of costs. Responsible for analyzing ongoing results data of PIDSAs M-Units functional departments. Develop budgets and forecasts that align to the strategic goals and objectives of the business. Position is hybrid in New Jersey.
- Develop and maintain effective processes and utilize appropriate software tools and models in order to generate state of the art executive reports
- Support the development and measurement of key business strategies
- Consolidate financials through reporting tools such as BPC and COGNOS during the monthly and quarterly forecast and close processes
- Produce and present monthly results, supporting executive briefing presentations and reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely electronic reporting in support of PNA planning process
- Develop reporting and analysis for the Annual Business Plan and Quarterly Reviews
- Generate management reports on an Ad-Hoc basis
- Coordinate closely with IT on BPC and other database enhancements for reporting requirements
Financial Planning and Forecasting:
- Develop monthly HQ forecasts in coordination with department contacts
- Ensure forecasts and plans are accurate and support forward looking decision-making
- Coordinate expense management with consistent and timely review with PIDSA leadership to achieve better than plan status
- Support investment proposals and the allocation of resources to strategic priorities
- Coordinate communication of HQ allocations between department heads and business units
Insight and Analysis:
- Use scenario based modeling to analyze financials, identify opportunities, risks and drive effective decision making
- Improve business profitability by providing timely P and L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow analysis and calling out areas of improvements or concerns
- Look for opportunities to improve processes and challenge the status quo
- Identify key strategic objectives and top-down targets for the annual budget
- Support establishment of financial and strategic business targets which meet the goals of PIDSA
- Lead key financial analyses to ensure that key business decisions are aligned with PIDSAs overall financial objectives, goals, and metrics
- Perform benchmark analysis as required
Compliance and Control:
- Ensures knowledge of and full compliance with company policies, governance practices, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Establish relations with other internal organizations to ensure accurate compliance with policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control consistency between different applications and identify areas of weakness in the PNA reporting process and develop and implement plans to improve
What You'll Bring:
- BS or BA with a concentration in Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of diversified financial planning, budgeting and reporting experience.
- Able to communicate financial planning and related processes with various levels of operational and PIDSA headquarters management
- Able to present information and other analysis and have the knowledge to answer related questions.
- Provide relevant data and operational analysis to Management
- Help sales divisions achieve financial objectives by creation ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Advanced computer literacy in reporting software, spreadsheets, databases, word processing and related systems including SAP or equivalent.
- Ability to assess and select new software tools and techniques to drive greater efficiencies
- Good report design and layout skills that turn data into information, including dashboard reports with effective use of relevant graphics.
- Considerable analytical abilities that enable the analysis of complex financial issues.
- Ability to develop new methods and models for reporting and analyzing business plans, business performance and projects
- Able to determine innovative ways to analyze business performance including new KPIs
- Strong communication skills in order to clearly communicate financial information to senior management and department heads.
- Develop and maintain an internal and external network of contacts to achieve objectives.
- Facilitate meetings which may include senior executives.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.