The Senior Financial Analyst is a key player on the Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis (FPA) team, as well as an integral contributor to the broader finance organization. The FPA team is accountable for providing meaningful month-end reporting, innovative analysis and trending, and efficient structure and guidance for the long-range strategic plan and annual plan processes. The Senior Financial Analyst supports routine and ad-hoc reporting needs for internal customers, as well as Panasonic; it is important for this role to focus on internal customers and stakeholders. As Hussmann Finance positions itself as a source of innovation, the Senior Financial Analyst is encouraged to present new ideas for process improvement and automation, as well as reporting innovation.
Role and Responsibilities
1.) Support monthly/quarterly and annual reporting requirements including monthly operating reviews, quarterly board meeting and supplemental reporting needs as required by our Parent Company including:
- Perform monthly forecast analysis to explain variances compared to prior forecast, budget and prior year to provide insight on financial results
- Review and analyze a consolidated balance sheet.
- Analyze key metrics to determine the accuracy of reported amounts and investigate exceptions
- Prepare forecast for balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Prepare and design various ad hoc reports and analysis as requested.
- Assist in preparation of Hussmann monthly management reporting packages.
- Additional monthly reporting requirements related to Panasonic's U.S. Company reporting structure - monthly presentations
2.) Track and develop key financial and operational performance indicators (KPI’s)
3.) Assist with development of mid-term plans and annual business plans
4.) Serve as liaison to business unit partners to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis
5.) Assist with special projects as needed
6.) Assist with financial modelling/projections for potential acquisitions
7.) Collaborate with BU Controllers to financially model base business and strategic initiatives.
8.) Handle multiple ad hoc, time-sensitive requests from Panasonic
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 + years industry/relevant experience or 3+ years public accounting
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
- Extensive experience with financial ERP and Financial Consolidation Systems
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) experience a plus
- Detail-oriented and deadline sensitive in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Work independently
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage competing priorities
- Effective communication skills; customer service oriented