Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Supporting design and installation of facility systems composed of HVAC, dry room/ dehumidifier, waste water, electrical, emergency generators, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment.
- Scheduling and cost control of facility system construction.
- Developing and monitor energy control and conservation systems.
- Supporting facility design for construction and updates for operational and energy efficiencies.
- Conducting routine, ongoing assessments of the facility systems operations.
- Performing tests and rounds and analyzing data to assure the proper functioning of equipment.
- Ensuring energy efficient operations of all facility systems.
- Assisting, as necessary, with scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with vendors.
- Assisting in updating and / or maintaining as-built drawings.
- Responding quickly to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Assisting with maintaining inventory control programs.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, and government agencies directives related to facility operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience supporting and constructing large facilities, preferably in advanced manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated experience with energy saving programs.
- The ability to:
i) Comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents, including AutoCAD, Visio, and PDF documents.
ii) Manage projects effectively.
iii) Develop installation standards and project tracking/management documents.
iv) Respond effectively, verbally, and in writing to sensitive issues, complex inquiries, or complaints.
- A high level of commitment to customer service to both coworkers and clients.
- Being approachable and adaptable. Must be comfortable communicating/troubleshooting with all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to put together proposals, plan projects, provide status updates, and give executive presentations.
- 8+ years of hands on experience in operation/engineering of mission critical facilities and infrastructure (HVAC, dehumidifiers, generators, waste water, fire/life safety systems, etc).
- Experience working with clean room/dry room environments.
- Possession of HVAC, electrical, or mechanical licensure.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.