Participates in a team environment under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer to assist in testing (automated and manual) as well as quality activities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Project Management Responsibilities
- Utilizes knowledge to understand product specifications and how they relate to test plan development
- Develops and maintains procedures and related documentation for testing of all automotive infotainment systems
- Interfaces with technical administration and configuration management in order to release test plan updates
- Manages test changes and updates with respect to customer requirement changes
- Analyze metrics to determine areas of improvement in the test process, policies and procedures
- Escalate issues appropriately that will have a negative impact to the success of a project
Test Execution Responsibilities
- Adhere to the DVT Process Model
- Verifies all implemented Customer and Internal requirements have test coverage before each test cycle
- Identifies the necessary hardware/software tools needed to perform proper test coverage
- Manages resources needed to ensure test coverage in a given allotted time frame
- Performs system testing to verify functionality
- Tracks and reports problems and verify solutions through the use of defect tracking applications
- Participates and/or conduct problem investigations related to system and software design
- Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine system functional and performance specifications
- Prepares records, charts, graphs and other statistical information related to the testing documentation process
Test Design Responsibilities
- May develop test scripts for automated testing
- May develop test tools (software and/or hardware) related to system level testing
- Assists in building test hardware and wire harnesses
- Utilizes knowledge of layout and assembly of system level test equipment
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of product testing, software testing or systems design experience in electronics products
- Project leader experience a plus\
- Experience with automated testing (both hardware and software) required
- Must possess good understanding of general functions of the system components
- Must possess basic knowledge of discipline specific documentation and test considerations
- Must be familiar with defect and requirements tracking system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.