Responsible for design and development of electrical modules for automotive Head Up Display products. Develops both optical and electrical requirements, and performance specifications to determine feasibility of proposed product specifications. Provides technical guidance to cross functional product engineers and external customer technical staff throughout the design and development process.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads design and development of electronic components and systems for Automotive products.
- Responsible for the electrical design through all phases of the program from the proposal stage (including concept development as well as generating written technical proposals) to the product end of life.
- Develops Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) for responsible products
- Prepares schematics, product and component related specifications, and bills of materials as needed.
- Confirms accuracy of Bill of Material (BOM) and assembly data (CIM).
- Directs and coordinates the building of prototype products and systems.
- Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Responsible for determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment.
- Responsible for developing test and design process procedures and evaluate test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of electric design experience in electronics products within these areas: Embedded Processors, RF, Video, Power, and/or DSP.
- Automotive electronics development experience preferred.
- Design experience with display technologies, including LCD, TFT, OLED and VF, active and passive is preferred
- Design experience with display driver interface, back light LED/Laser illumination interface, various sensor interfaces for motor, temperature, ambient light and mechanical switches is preferred
- Experience in automotive Environmental and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Ability to use or learn schematic capture system (Zuken).
- Ability to use or learn BOM system (Agile).
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.