Participates in a development team designing Automotive In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) products with a focus on the Electromagnetic Capability (EMC)/ Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) robustness needed for this environment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates electronic components and systems.
- Implements circuit schematic development and simulation with and without Computer-aided Design (CAD) and Computer-aided Engineering (CAE) tools.
- Troubleshoots, debugs, develops and proves critical root cause analysis strategies.
- Determines the technical feasibility of new product concepts. Prepares detailed project plans including technical objectives and approaches, design specifications, test specifications, schedule plans, project cost estimates and product cost analyses.
- Participates in development of design process procedure and plans development of experimental test programs and Proof of Concepts (POC’s).
- Leads electrical design team through development of detailed performance specifications and technical designs, identify and implement qualification and acceptance test plans, lead problem solving efforts, and interaction with customer and supplier technical leads.
- Acts as an internal consultant providing EMC related instruction and technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process.
- Develops design process procedures and prepares information as needed in the design documentation process.
- Prepares schematics, product and component related specifications, requirements, and bills of materials as needed.
- Confirms accuracy of Bill of Material (BOM) and assembly data (CIM).
- May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or Ten (10) years of electric design experience in electronics products within two of the five areas: Audio, Embedded Processors, RF, Video or Power.
- Five years of hardware (electronic circuit) design experience required (Automotive preferred).
- Must possess good theoretical knowledge of problems / tasks required.
- Must possess broad understanding of various areas within main discipline.
- Experience in Analog/Digital domains and various signals (audio, video, some RF, power supply, DSP, microprocessors, etc).
- Ability to use or learn schematic capture system (Zuken).
- Ability to use or learn BOM system (Agile).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Must have experience in EMC and EMI mitigation techniques.
- Must be able to use voltmeters, oscilloscopes, EMC compliance tools (spectrum analyzer, EMC probes, etc).
- Must have experience in DFMEA, BOM release, component approval process.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.