Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking ambitious engineers to lead the world’s largest lithium ion battery initiative. With the superior battery designs and the fastest manufacturing lines in the world, Panasonic is producing millions of batteries per day in the Gigafactory to support Tesla’s electric vehicle and power wall businesses. Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing, full-scale effort to electrify our society.
In this role, you will:
- Plan and run R&D facilities safely and efficiently to support development activities for improving battery manufacturing process.
- Maintain all aspects of existing labs including equipment procurement and maintenance, user access and training, lab supplies, utility, software and documentation.
- Effectively train users (e.g. engineers or technicians) to correctly use lab equipment and ensure compliance on industry standards and safety regulations for handling and disposing test samples.
- Plan and manage all aspects of new R&D facility construction.
- Analyze and evaluate physical, chemical, electrochemical properties of batteries.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction and will focus on team success.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach who consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with constructing R&D facility.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CATIA or equivalent
- Experience with analytic laboratory techniques such as ICP, SEM-EDS, GCMS, DSC, DCM, or FTIR.
- In-depth knowledge of design and construction requirements to achieve ISO Class 5 or better laboratory facilities, as designated by ISO 14644-1.
- Willingness to travel will be an important part of this position.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.