- Responsible for mechanical design, development & qualification of Panasonic's LRUs from the standpoints of Thermal, Structural Rigidity, Acoustics, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT to meet customer's Requirements. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Performs design, development & sustaining including mechanical layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of LRU components & systems.
- Apply planning, standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Design and develop LRU sheet metal & plastic enclosure and assemblies.
- Record and analyze LRU test data.
- Select hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Communicate and sustain the development and design of the LRU mechanical parts with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
- Guide and mentor the work of lower level engineers, designers, and support personnel as assigned. Provide technical direction to members of assigned work teams.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for the product design.
- Participates with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Assist supporting members of a team in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, thermal, structural rigidity, weight, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT, product marketing and cost.
- Support the coordination efforts and activities for LRU procurement between Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Work with the respective Project Manager, or when required independently, to generate and update LRU Design and Development schedules.
- Provide technical guidance to supporting personnel to resolve design and related manufacturing problems.
- Participate on CRB (Change Review Board) and facilitate communication for product design changes, reviews, change impact / implementation for products and parts.
- Formulate a design plan or work from technical objectives and overall schedules as specified by senior project staff.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative thermal/mechanical shock/vibration analysis.
- Analyze LRUs to determine thermal/dynamic characteristics, and performance of materials, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
- Materials, Properties of Materials and Machine Design.
- Highly proficient in determining and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Advanced ability to design using Pro/E MCAD Tool and analyzing LRU and equipment using conventional and CFD/FEA Analysis tools.
- Advanced technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management.
- Advanced ability to develop and implement test methods and procedures.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and source of information.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product or project.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives, or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.