Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Senior Data Scientist
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
The Sr. Data Scientist works with Data Engineers, Researchers, Product Owners, Designers, and Business/Marketing, to utilize the latest cloud, big data, and machine learning tools and technologies, applying expertise and fostering new ways of turning massive amounts of data into valuable information.
- Lead the development and execution of new and highly complex algorithms, machine learning, and statistical predictive models to evaluate potential future outcomes
- Perform explanatory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data to identify patterns
- Work with senior team members and business partners, particularly in engineering and product management, to develop innovative analysis solutions that address top outcomes, including feature development/enhancement, system health monitoring, testing, and troubleshooting
- Research and assess value of potential new data sources under consideration for the Cirrus/V2X data environment and make recommendations to the team
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Experience with statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods
- Experience with data and machine learning services using Amazon Web Services (AWS) (strongly preferred), Azure, and / or Google Cloud
- Expert in programming tools/languages commonly used for data manipulation, especially SQL and Python
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience with data visualization and analysis tools, e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Preferred experience working in an agile product environment
- Preferred experience mentoring junior team members in data and analysis techniques
- Self-starter with a desire to tackle complex business problems by collaborating with both partners and peers
- A true team player – flexible about your role and ready to do what it takes to get things done
- Insatiable curiosity and lifelong learner
- Comfortable in a fast pace environment with changing or ambiguous requirements (e.g. imperfect data, loosely defined concepts, ideas, or goals)
- Strong analytical skills and good intuition with numbers, connecting the dots, synthesizing disparate information sources, and finding patterns
- Is an innovator who wants to improve the world for others
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and identify existing or potential problems
- Radically candid with the ability to challenge the status quo and current thinking
- Desire, willingness, and ability to teach and mentor others
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The salary for this position typically starts at $140,600 and up, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance.
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.