Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Senior Data Scientist
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Lead the development and execution of new and highly complex algorithms, machine learning, and statistical predictive models to evaluate potential future outcomes.
- Perform explanatory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data to identify patterns
- Work with senior team members and business partners, particularly in engineering and product management, to develop innovative analysis solutions that address top outcomes, including feature development/enhancement, system health monitoring, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Research and assess value of potential new data sources under consideration for the Cirrus/V2X data environment and make recommendations to the team.
Education & Experience:
- Experience with statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
- Experience with data and machine learning services using Amazon Web Services (AWS) (strongly preferred), Azure, and / or Google Cloud.
- Expert in programming tools/languages commonly used for data manipulation, especially SQL and Python.
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience with data visualization and analysis tools, e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Preferred experience working in an agile product environment
- Preferred experience mentoring junior team members in data and analysis techniques.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation “The pay for this position is expected to start at $140,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.