Panasonic – Senior Data Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Smart Mobility Office (SMO) within Panasonic acts as an incubation engine to capture new opportunities and become a gamechanger in the rapidly transforming transportation industry. The Cirrus team, within SMO, is creating disruptive technologies to advance vehicle-to-everything (V2X) technology that transforms each vehicle into a true IoT device and leverages this data to revolutionize traffic management and safety on our roadways.
As our first Sr. Data Engineer, you will help establish what the Data Engineering discipline can be for the Analytics, Research, and Insights team!
You will design, build, and manage data pipelines from many sources to support a wide variety of analysis and stakeholder needs across the organization. You’ll partner with Data Scientists, Researchers, Product Owners, Engineers, and Business/Marketing to understand data use cases and develop innovative solutions. In addition to enabling exceptional data access for stakeholders, you will serve as a data subject matter expert contributing to analyses that can ultimately save lives via the Cirrus/V2X mission.
About you: You are a flexible team player who thrives in ambiguity. You have experience collecting, cleaning, organizing, and moving large data sets to enable machine learning, AI, market insights, and product insights. You love thinking about data engineering problems that includes data streaming, ETL, data warehousing, data lakes, and/or data virtualization. You’re able to lead technical projects autonomously and unlock the value of data. You have a proven track record of establishing Data Engineering processes at previous companies and care deeply about using data to solve business problems.
- Conceive, lead, and execute projects to manage an exceptional data access solution, supporting user requests from various stakeholder groups.
- Build data pipelines, including cleaning, sanitizing, or organizing data, and building self-service datalakes or data repositories
- Work with a wide range of business partners, particularly in engineering and product management, to develop innovative analysis solutions that address top outcomes, including feature development/enhancement, system health monitoring, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Research and assess value of potential new data sources under consideration for the Cirrus/V2X data environment, and present results with clear recommendations to leadership.
- Lead the strategic growth of this discipline on the Data Science & Analytics team, building strong relationships with stakeholders and mentoring junior team members.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience in building data pipelines, cleaning, sanitizing, or organizing data, and building self-service datalakes or data repositories
- Expert in programming tools/languages commonly used for data manipulation, especially SQL and Python (a bonus if you know Denodo and Athena)
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience as a Database Administrator managing user access, ETLs, database performance/monitoring, and documentation
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience with data visualization and analysis tools, e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Preferred experience working in an agile product environment
- Preferred experience mentoring junior team members in data and analysis techniques
- Self-starter with a desire to tackle complex business problems by collaborating with both partners and peers
- A true team player – flexible about your role and ready to do what it takes to get things done
- Insatiable curiosity and lifelong learner
- Comfortable in a fast pace environment with changing or ambiguous requirements
- Strong analytical skills and good intuition with numbers, connecting the dots, synthesizing disparate information sources, and finding patterns
- Is an innovator who wants to improve the world for others
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and identify existing or potential problems
- Radically candid with the ability to challenge the status quo and current thinking
- Desire, willingness, and ability to teach and mentor others
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.