Panasonic – Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Senior Cloud Software engineer with experience transitioning On-Premise Microsoft platform software to the Cloud. Architecting / Designing software for the Cloud, preferably Azure. Experience designing, developing and debugging full-stack platform software working in a team environment. Candidate must be proficient with .NET / C# and will be working with advanced technologies integrating and interfacing hardware to the software platform.
- Develop an architecture for transitioning on-premise n-tier Microsoft platform software to a Cloud-based software platform.
- Propose a roadmap for the transition and work with the team to develop a phased plan.
- Implement platform software using Microsoft .NET / C# environment, building RESTful API’s for web services, using technologies such as Entity Frameworks, LINQ, Angular and DevExpress.
- Interface & Integrate Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) hardware to the software platform.
- Specific business tasks and objectives which will vary by project, but require:
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle, focusing on designing, implementation and debugging software solutions.
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers and testers using a scrum based agile software development methodology
- Work closely with product managers to understand requirements and design software solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work with QA to debug software issues and ensure robust software quality
- Work with sales & field engineers to develop integrated software / hardware solutions for customer requirements, and to support escalations from customers for field issues.
- Integrate software with existing systems and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
What You’ll Bring:
Scope: This position requires an experienced software engineer proficient in Cloud application development (preferably Azure) and Microsoft technologies.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years architecting, designing & developing applications for Cloud deployment using microservices architecture (preferably Azure)
- 10+ years of complex application software development experience working in a team environment
- Experience with workflow engine design (i.e. event bus, message queues, rules engines), and other technologies typically found in N-Tier business applications
- SQL database experience (schema & query design)
- Experience working with Big Data is a plus.
- Experience developing robust, multi-threaded device-layer software, preferably on Windows
- Experience with device layer software and integrating with firmware a plus.
- Experience with RFID & network communication technologies a plus.
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience working with customers to support production installs, customer implementation support and escalation support is a plus.
- A winning attitude, self-motivated, personally accountable and determined team player, able to accept direction
- Awareness of risk management and mitigation techniques
- Strong, frequent written and verbal communication to peer and management audiences
- Detail oriented, demanding completeness and adherence to highest standards with excellent time and project management skill
- Experienced with distributed team project development across time zones and cultures
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%) and / or participate in off hours meetings with offshore team partners regularly
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.