Panasonic – Senior Business Development Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This role will serve as PSSNA’s subject matter expert and consultant for wireless carrier relations and P.180. This position will be responsible for increasing the wireless revenue on the P.180 and with carrier partners. P.180 is a data only wireless platform that provides global connectivity to our customers with customizable pricing. This position supports the direct sales teams and our two-tier distribution model.
Senior Business Development Manager will work to further develop a strategic partnership with carrier partners to include front end customer facing activities, reseller and channel support and all aspect of financial management of the program. Candidate will have proven expertise in managing carrier contracts, financial reconciliation and preparation of financial statements. In addition, they will be responsible for growing the customer base on the P.180 platform. Events and face-to-face visits with top customers, prospects, and partners will take place as required to achieve business objectives with up to 50% travel expected.
Accountability to identify and obtain prospects for the P.180 global connectivity platform that is focused on the following key activities: data solutions leveraging rugged mobile computing, increasing usage, developing a customer base and revenue growth. In addition, this role will develop and deliver internal sales training, participate in roadshows and qualifying opportunities. Organizing and attending industry events will be required along with face-to-face presentations to executive level, IT experts and top customers and prospects. Candidate will have proven expertise in managing domestic or international carrier contracts.
This job and the lean structure of PSSNA will require the candidate to be flexible, and wear many hats as required. However, the Senior Business Development Manager will have certain constant duties and accountability in three key areas with the carrier partner and P.180.
- Develop program structure and process to include contract administration, on boarding, training, lead registration and all aspects of commission administration.
- Understand the integration of wireless modules in products throughout the supply chain to end user.
- Collaborate Sales Managers, Carriers and 3rd party suppliers to obtain information to build and capitalize on PSSNA’s unique wireless program.
- Provide subject matter expertise, training, and necessary certifications to process activations and general inquiries from resellers, customers and carriers.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Serve as the sector subject matter expert within PSSNA and interface as such with the different stakeholders within the organization—including sector sales, marketing, and product management and engineering teams
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate key sector market news, customer data, product trends, and competitive information to educate and provide market readiness the PSSNA sales force and its channel partners
- Serve as the voice of PSSNA for the sector in public relations & media opportunities to build sector market awareness for Panasonic
- Promote PSSNA solutions offerings to the assigned sector and reseller channel through presentations, training sessions, and speaking engagements
- Identify and actively engage with sector associations to position Panasonic as a leader in the Sector market
Strategic Marketing Development
- Develop and maintain annual strategic plan for the assigned sector, in cooperation with the business unit, segment leaders, and marketing teams
- Work with the Marketing team in the development & execution of sector market messaging, marketing strategies, sales promotions, and other tactics designed to generate market awareness for Panasonic, produce actionable leads, and grow the pipeline for the sector sales team
- Work with the Marketing team to identify and develop beneficial Sector resources such as sales presentations and collateral pieces for the PSSNA sales team and its channel partners to better attract and close sales opportunities
- Deliver regular Sector market research and competitive positioning/pricing analysis to sales management
- Organize regular Sector customer advisory event(s) to collect direct feedback from end-users.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 3-7 years of business sales development experience in the Carrier/Wireless solutions
- Experience in launching new product lines with recurring revenue streams. Must possess an understanding of the customer life-cycle, subscriber base management and
- BS/BA in business/marketing or other degree with focus relevant to the assigned sector is a minimum.
- Experienced in financial forecasting, business case development and ownership
- Experience in using Salesforce analytics to develop product specific
- Strong project management skills and comfortable working across functional
- Experienced in new product development, skilled at managing new product launches and monetizing relationships.
- Ability to deliver persuasive presentations to all levels of customers and generate enthusiasm for
- Panasonic’s breath of products.
- Effective at developing product messaging, marketing materials and customer
- Proven expertise in executing product roadmaps, developing business requirements, launching new products, developing go-to market strategies, conducting customer research, and successfully delivering profitable
- Experience in supporting complex solutions through pilots and solution
- Self-starter that can operate independently as a product owner and execute collaboratively as part of a team within a matrix-organization.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Proven experience in mobile computing specifically in the B2B wireless industry in developing global connectivity solutions.
- Proven success in your ability to launch a new business initiative.
- Additionally, you must be organized, innovative and be adaptable to rapid change and expertise in developing marketing materials and presentations are required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.