Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It’s a personal assistant service designed for busy families – especially moms – to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It’s the first of many meaningful things we’re working on.
We’re building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
We’re looking for an experienced copywriter to help us bring our new brand to life across all marketing channels. You’re a strategic thinker, creative storyteller, and total team player who thrives on variety, autonomy, and building things from the ground up. In this role, you’ll partner closely with our copy creative director, brand designers, and marketing stakeholders to create voice-defining content across all paid and owned channels – web/landing pages, social media, video scripts, emails, performance ads, and everything in between. There are tons of interesting projects to go around – you should join our small but mighty-talented writing team!
Location: Bay Area location or ability to travel to Palo Alto, CA as needed is preferred. Open to considering remote talent based in CA, OR, WA, NV, ID, CO, TX.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Bring the Yohana voice to life across all brand and marketing touch-points with clear, impactful writing.
- Ensure our brand positioning, messaging, and terminology are applied consistently in all communications.
- Help inform and define our voice & tone principles and style guide.
- Concept campaign ideas and new ways to communicate our key value props to a highly targeted audience.
- Work closely with growth marketers and external agencies to concept, test, and iterate on performance ads and landing pages.
- Partner with our lifecycle marketers on content strategy and creative execution of email campaigns, onboarding materials, and other retention initiatives.
- Collaborate with our social media team on organic content and seasonal campaigns.
- Keep up-to-date on internal research and industry trends to inform creative decision-making.
- Contribute to a supportive environment, sharing ideas and best practices and striving to make others better.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional writing experience at an agency or in-house.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates strategic thinking and impressive writing chops.
- Reliable self-starter who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Great presentation skills and ability to explain your creative vision.
- Excellent collaborator, skilled at interpreting feedback and building consensus.
- Great grammar, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Figma experience a plus, but not required.
- Bay Area location or ability to travel to Palo Alto, CA as needed.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA
- 401k with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.