Panasonic – Senior Battery Scientist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are seeking a driven and creative scientist to join our small research and development team as a next-generation battery project manager. you will develop novel materials and cells of Li-S batteries and all-solid-state batteries to provide groundbreaking applications.
Our company works with universities, start-up companies and materials suppliers in developing next generation power supplies for EVs, aircrafts, portable products and so on. We are seeking individuals to take advantage of these collaborations to create new technology, particularly Li-S batteries and all-solid-state batteries.
- Lead the team to drive next-generation battery project
- Propose new solutions and methods for success of the project
- Develop project plans, report progress, and drive solutions to address identified gaps.
- Fabricate new electrodes and experimental cells
- Analysis of experimental data
- Presentation of experimental results in a clear and thoughtful manner
- Apply for patents
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- The ability to employ sound theoretical principals to laboratory work.
- Candidates should have a PhD in material engineering (with an emphasis on battery), or physical chemistry (with an emphasis on battery)
- Candidates should have knowledge of the entire cells of rechargeable batteries and have specialties in any of the negative electrode, positive electrode, electrolyte and cell.
- Candidates should have experience of technical project management in material development, cell design or manufacturing process development of rechargeable batteries.
- Understanding of cutting-edge technology of Li-S battery or all-solid-state battery.
- Understanding of patent application process.
- Candidates should possess excellent communication skills that allow for effective team discussions.
- Most important, candidates should have a desire to work in the lab performing tests, helping to drive new technologies.
- Position is located in Waltham, MA
- Contact with PBL chemists, director of PBL and scientists from Japan.
- Contact with outside alliance partners (by phone and email).
- This position will act as an individual contributor but will need to build a team.
- This is a project management level position as it has an impact on the product life.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.