Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Senior Backend Cloud Engineer
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
H-D-Connect: Harley Davidson LiveWire, powered by Panasonic
Preferred location(s) are Farmington Hills, MI or Peachtree City, GA
What you will get to do:
This is a role on a highly skilled and motivated delivery team of Product Owners, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers with a passion to imagine, build, test and deploy connected products in the Smart Mobility Space. You will have the opportunity to build new services ground-up.
- Defining and developing backend systems, services, and APIs
- Create tests for all work done.
- Code reviews, architecture design and walkthroughs, and cross-functional team knowledge transfer.
- Improve existing processes or suggest new ones to increase developer efficiency and happiness
- Process ceremonies, such as agile ceremonies, planning meetings, and team meetings.
What You’ll Bring:
This role reports to the OneConnect Group Manager, Software Engineering.
Education & Experience:
- Advanced experience in developing Enterprise Java software.
- Advanced experience with Spring, Spring Boot, and Docker.
- Experience with highly concurrent, highly available, and highly fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying secure micro services. Define and develop REST APIs.
- Experience working in an agile test-driven development with continuous integration.
- Experience in deploying, maintaining services to production environments that are scalable, reliable and high-performance on the Cloud.
- Experience with software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and prefer 7+ years relevant commercial experience.
- Experience with Serverless/FaaS technologies like AWS Lambda.
- Deep knowledge of database structures, theories, and best practices.
- Experience with other AWS services like Timestream, S3, SSM etc.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python.
- Ability to understand requirements in ambiguous problem spaces.
- Proven track record in working with customers and systems engineers in defining software requirements from high level product specifications.
- Participate in the innovation process, bringing your unique technical view on new concepts to the table.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to optimize components for maximum performance.
- General interest in technology, ability to learn and adapt new technology and architectures.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to converse orally and in writing with global team members.
- Effectively communicate with developers and management to convey the pros and cons of various approaches.
- Work with technical architects and developers to finalize the architecture and design.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers.
- Ability to travel as required by the position.
- We’re passionate about growth and achieving what no one else thought was possible, so even if you don’t meet every qualification but think you can be successful, we encourage you to apply and tell us about how you can contribute to that vision.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $100,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance.
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.