Panasonic – Senior Accountant
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Sr. Accountant will perform strong balance sheet management with a focus on reserve and allowance accounts utilizing reserves and allowance sheets in all applicable balance sheet reconciliations.
Financial Data Management:
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Resolve daily operational concerning accounting treatment of financial transactions
- Maintain the general ledger chart of accounts
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost-efficient operation.
- Prepare the monthly reporting from our Japan parent company (e.g. Sactona, Quick Report, analysis requests)
- Support in audit request from external and internal auditors
- Tracking of monthly management loss cost and fixed costs trend analysis
Controls and Compliance:
- Ensures full compliance with PC and PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience
- Conduct initial internal control evaluations
- Within the limits of delegated responsibility, approve certain transactions.
- Investigate, resolve or report to the accounting manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures
- Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes
- Identify and research account discrepancies
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Perform accounting analysis, such as, but not limited to: Balance sheet accounts, Expense and salary accruals, Department expense analysis, Prepaid and insurance, Employee relocations, travel advances, etc.
- Assist in performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Implementing a robust cash forecasting process to better manage the cash position of the company as well as prepare cash flow forecast and other ad-hoc requests
Budgeting and Reporting:
- Prepare financial reports and related statements, charts, tables and other exhibits
- Complete monthly financial packages including financial statements, performance charts, tables and other exhibits to be used in reports
- Coordinate and prepare internal and Domain financial statements
- Assist in budget / forecast preparation
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
Team/ Project Leadership:
- Provide work leadership supervision, training and project management support, as required
- Assist Business Unit with day-to-day operating decisions, while supporting the Business Partners
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA in or with concentration in Accounting required.
- 3-5 years of experience required with thorough knowledge of accounting functions.
- Intermediate level Experience using Excel, Work, PPT required
- Experience with SAP or equivalent program preferred
- Strong financial analysis and evaluation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research and to develop sophisticated methods of compiling reports.
- Ability to effectively train junior staff.
- Fluent in Japanese is requirement
- Good verbal and written communication skills in order to clearly communicate accounting project/data status.
- Strong skills in order to clearly communicate with all levels in the accounting department and also make presentations to small groups.
- Ability to understand and direct the jobs of subordinates: Acting as liaison between supervisor and staff.
- Minimum Travel as needed/required when permissible
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.