Maintains and develops new relationships and favorable contacts with current/potential and new customers. Develop sales strategy for product by identifying customer requirements.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Initiate and implement program management project initiatives for new development projects.
- Supervise program management including monitoring, creating, and overseeing time lines with the appropriate follow-up and necessary updates.
- Set up/lead meetings with internal groups and customer to resolve critical issues.
- Analyze, identify and remove and resolve obstacles, as well as the timely resolution of open issues on existing products. Communicate critical path.
- Ensure all customer deliverables met the first time, on time.
Customer and Factory System Requirements
- Understand and demonstrate a working knowledge of customer systems and factory requirements as they relate to purchase orders, packaging, IT, delivery and logistics.
- Represent the Company in meetings with the customer.
- Communicate critical information as it relates to customer and factory requirements to ensure that internal and external systems and processes comply with same.
- Coordinate, oversee, and monitor internal resources and systems to ensure product is shipped to the customer within agreed upon time frame.
- Identify, develop, and establish product and customer strategy and align internal resources to support strategy.
- Effectively/professionally work with all levels of factory personnel to assure customer requirements are being met.
- Develop, nurture, maintain and establish strong working relationships with current and future key decision makers with the customer organization.
- Build strong customer relationships through frequent contact and follow-up, including, without limitation, regular sales calls at the customer’s place of business on a weekly or more frequent basis.
- Identify prospects for new or replacement business and probe customers to determine their business needs.
- Develop, lead and execute strategies for new or replacement business
- Develop and maintain a key customer product development roadmap
- Identify potential opportunities and advise Company on future product and services and provide customers with scope of opportunity.
FINANCIAL / DATA ANALYSIS
- Analyze, monitor, and lead sales and purchasing plan to maintain necessary inventory levels.
- Utilize sales forecasting and analyze sales data to ensure that inventory levels are adequate on time delivery.
- Oversee and ensure inventory is at appropriate levels.
- Use information to make informed decisions by carefully evaluating key business factors from customer market and historical data.
- Monitor, and coordinate process for charge backs and accounts receivables to ensure that they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. (E.g. customer collections)
- Understand and monitor the division’s P/L statement.
- Guide and support divisional management in areas of operational budget.
- Manage the business appropriately to meet growth and profitability targets
- Analyze critical data; for example, return on investment (ROI), free cash flow (FCF), and cost of capital (CCM) for effective decision-making.
TECHNOLOGY / PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of customer and auto industry trends, developments and standards.
- Demonstrate and communicate expert knowledge of trends in the automotive industry and with customers as they relate to product.
- Engineering aptitude with general technical knowledge and working level understanding of current product.
- Understand product life cycle and next generation of current products by maintaining a product development roadmap.
- Understand product and market trend for products.
- Understand factors that threaten current/future products.
- Closely analyze and monitor data to insure its integrity.
SALES AND CUSTOMER STRATEGY
Account Maintenance / New Business Development
- Accept accountability and ownership for all aspects of Account.
- Develop, lead, and execute strategies for new / replacement business.
- Close difficult negotiations with Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America Inc (TEMA) and Toyota Technical Center (TTC)
- Understand market price for products.
- Identify, establish, and communicate RFQ strategy and process with factory, account managers and customer.
- High school diploma and six (6) years of related experience or; Bachelor's Degree in a related field and four (4) years of related experience.
- One (1) of the required years must be in automotive parts, systems, or components experience.
- A proven track record of developing new sales opportunities.
- Experience in developing and leading sales presentations.
- Strong price negotiation skills with the ability to close difficult negotiations-both internal and external.
- Direct Toyota experience in North American (ie TEMA/TMS/TTC/ITS, etc).
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other computer applications related to the position or assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.