Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Overall responsibility for security operations center. Works with business and other IT teams to create, document, implement, and manage security policies, procedures, and practices that ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of information assets. Assists in the compliance of relevant information security laws and policies. Provides subject matter expertise (SME) leadership with the design, installation, operation, service and maintenance of a variety of multi-user information security systems.
- Evaluate, Implement, Tune and Operate security technologies including firewalls, System Information & Event Monitoring (SIEM), Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDS/IPS), and vulnerability scanning tools, encryption capabilities, Network Access Controls (NAC), etc.
- Analyzes network security elements and overall network security architectural designs to ensure secure and optimal system and network performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provides security training to other members of the security team and IT Team.
- Participates in, and acts as a technical leader in, periodic information systems risk assessments.
- Stays informed about the latest developments in the information security field, including new products and services, through on-line news services, technical magazines, professional associations, industry conferences, training seminars, and other information sources.
- Lead activities of the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
- Monitor for new security threats and makes recommendations for additional controls.
- Identify security risks to the organization and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor and recommend improvements of security technologies based on industry best practices and business requirements.
- Create and maintain process and or procedures for security technologies.
- Prepare periodical reports on risk analysis reviews, security compliance reviews, and security incidents, etc.
- Working knowledge of Security regulations, including SOX, GLBA, PCI, and ISO 27000x.
- Oracle and Linux experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external personnel at peer and management level.
- Knowledge of Information Security risk assessment methodologies and standards
- Hands-on experience in three or more of the following Enterprise Security Technologies:
- Network Intrusion Prevention/Detection (IPS/IDS)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Virtual Private Networks; SSL, IPSec and Site-to-Site
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Network Access Controls (NAC)
- Next-Gen enterprise class firewalls
- Encryption technologies
- Vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, Qualys, Nexpose,etc.)
- Application scanning tools (AppScan, Qualys WAS, Metasploit, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, undertaking and completing project tasks on schedule with minimal supervision
- Experience with Information Security Policy and Procedure development and implementation
- Experience developing technical documentation, including reports, proposals, statements of work, and whitepapers.
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Security or related field.
- Industry recognized security certifications preferred; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), etc.
- 8+ years experience in an Information Technology, with 5+ years specific to an Information Security role
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.