The Security Investigator will conduct risk related investigations and report to Panasonic Energy of North America Security Management. The Investigator will be responsible for responding to events, conducting thorough investigations, and presenting timely results to management. The role will require the regular use of video management tools, access control systems, interview techniques, and intelligence gathering. The Investigator will also assist security management with physical security projects as needed.
- Perform investigations and deliver professionally written results through industry recognized reporting
- Report findings to and support Human Resources Business Partners within a reasonable timeline
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with witnesses, complainants, and persons of interest
- Coordinate and conduct physical security and crime prevention programs, which may include operations security and facility security programs, security surveys/inspections, and emergency planning in support of the facility
- Manage, compile, report, and review statistical data and recommend mitigating action in line with trends
- Liaise with local authorities as needed in support of investigations
- Coordinating physical security measures with Safety, Facility, Production, and Human Resource representatives
- Manage multiple different workflows and execute on key long-term strategic initiatives and projects
- Stay abreast of current investigative standards, best practices, technologies, and other resources
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have experience with Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, and Video Surveillance Systems
- 2+ years of investigative experience in corporate or manufacturing settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Formal interview training
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior business leadership
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Prior law enforcement or military police experience
- Project management experience
- Relevant certifications
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.