- Responsible for assistance to Brake Operators with safe operation, interpreting programs, operating controls, setting all machine functions, and inspection of parts.
- Must be able to work from drawings and programs, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on tables or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently.
- Assist Sheet Metal department with other tasks including: material handling, organization, and part deburring.
- Must join union.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
The hourly range of $18.30-21.80 is just one component of Hussmann’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, location and union designation. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career. Benefits vary by union but include Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, and Employee Assistance Program.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.