Panasonic – SCM Planner
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Procurement operation management
- Assess customer needs and provide value added service to consolidate procurement functions of Panasonic factories to maximize efficiency
- Monitor inventory and delivery, checking inventory and balance purchase order status, negotiating with suppliers and customers and cooperating with business associate (warehouse, logistics companies)
- Monitor logistics cost and business process cost referring to business rule.
- Analyze cost and inventory for each in-charge account
- Identify opportunities to improve, develop and expand the global procurement scheme through purchase and supply of raw materials, components and devices.
- Communicate with business associates (customers, suppliers, logistics service providers) smoothly with problem solving mind.
- Maintain the computer system master data (customer, vendor & product) including price, minimum order quantity, delivery lead time, etc.
- Ensure timely collection of account receivables from customers
- Ensure timely payment of invoices to suppliers, freight & warehouse companies
- Collect/Analyze logistics data and information to improve operation with supervisor
- Collect information related to Import/Export regulation to make internal rule with supervisor
- Occasional travel
- Occasional Overtime
- Team-work spirit
- Try to perform and improve Creativity
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Prefer 3-5 years Global procurement experience
- BA\BS in International Business preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite, particularly with Excel
- Experience with ERP systems preferred
- Passion to create new solution of global procurement and supply chain
- Set challenging goals
- Desire for self-improvement
- Proactively act as “Customer First”
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English (Listening, speaking, writing & reading). Communication skill in Japanese preferred
- Candidate needs to be located in Torrance, Ca. area
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.