The SCM clerk position is part of a small team that is an integral piece of factory performance. The clerk will record, provide information, and maintain control of various production and delivery tasks in support of the SCM team while ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures. It requires an individual with good interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task in a high-volume production environment.Company Description
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Data entry relating to production consumption and results, delivery allocations, data entry for raw material deliveries, and adjustments to live production plans.
- Verifies clerical computation against systemic stock levels and adjusts or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies as needed.
- Verifies reporting between systemic & manual delivery results and adjusts or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies as needed.
- Creates Delivery Order requests based on plans, Production Planner guidance, and operational capacity in the facility.
- Creates and updates hourly delivery allocation rate information on guidance SCM, quality, and Production teams.
- May include interaction directly to customer for delivery and order requests as needed.
- Willing to work 12-hour shifts, overtime and/or weekends as requested by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Excel capabilities are an absolute must have.
- Must be detail oriented
- 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Associates Degree preferred
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.