SCADA Solutions Supervisor
The SCADA Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of SCADA Engineers to support projects involving SCADA development and solution designs. Additionally, the Supervisor works with project and product managers to deliver SCADA solutions across all departments. The Supervisor mentors team members to ensure individual growth and development.
- Supervises a team of SCADA engineers to support projects involving SCADA development and solution design
- Work with project managers and product manager to deliver SCADA solutions
- Work with business stakeholders, such as engineering team, operation team, and quality team to ensure delivered SCADA/HMI satisfy their needs and requirements
- Prioritize team member’s work and report SCADA delivery status
- Responsible for SCADA development daily planning
- Mentor SCADA engineer and promote individual’s growth
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, dosimeter badges, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with SCADA design, programming, and commissioning in Ignition
- Good understanding of tags, alarm pipelines, gateway servers, edge line servers, transaction groups, recipe management, UDTs, Ignition templates and historizing data
- Python scripting
- Networking principals as they apply to SCADA
- Good understanding of ladder logic
- Solid experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting PLC systems, preferably Mitsubishi or Omron
- Experience working with Proface HMIs
- Good knowledge of Modbus, Ethercat, Ethernet IP, Profinet, MQTT, OPC UA and SQL
- Background working in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of electrical hardware, drawings, sequence control and software design
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas
- Flexibility to solve issues with first-principles thinking
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience with Agile Project Management
- Solid Works Electrical
- Successful completion of Inductive University
- Control wiring design
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 25%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 25%
- Lift: 20%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.