SAP S/4 Functional Engineer will own Best Practice solutions within SAP S/4 for a specific business process. The S/4 Functional Engineer will be responsible for positioning the business processes to leverage SAP Best Practice solutions by utilizing SAP standard solutions and applications to minimize custom development, thus allowing for periodic SAP upgrades and patches, without putting the business solutions at risk. Keeping the core SAP environment clean of customization and leveraging standard development applications.
P2P/SCM Functional Processes
- Perform business P2P/SCM process analysis
- Identify and drive SAP Best Practice Solutions
- Align with the SI Team to develop integrated solutions
- Become proficient in Panasonic Business Systems including interfaces and integrations
- Use standard methodology to document business processes
- For complex projects, facilitate and conduct business and functional requirements gathering workshops
- Develop/Review Business Requirements Document, functional specifications document and client communications documentation
- Map both simple and complex business processes (AS-IS & TO-BE) and/or larger scope workflow
- Guide architecture decisions based on industry standards and best practices
- Lead conversations and directives for SAP and facilitating Partners
- Review and approve end user test cases
- Participate in and validate user acceptance testing
- Participate in software selection based on documented business requirements
- Participate in analysis and recommendation of software solutions based on business requirements.
- Lead day to day technical support of the application to ensure it operates in an optimal mode
- Focus on the technical/functional operations of a solution
- Partner with key Technology and business unit personnel and key partners to identify areas for improvement, document requirements and assist with design, test and implementing optimized SAP improvements
- Utilize SAP S/4 Best Practices to provide the business with technology required to perform day to day business functions
- Recommend and manage a team of experts to achieve business requirements
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners and has an advanced understanding of business functions and current systems
- Manage integrated functionality and technology dependencies, usability, reliability, performance, and support requirements
- Verify the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and develop strategies for improving these systems
- Connect with other SAP S/4 Process Analysts, and business analysts for planning, developing, designing, and implementing new applications and improving existing applications
- Understand and create business process flows
- Creates/facilitates project documents, working directly with the project teams or customers.
- Review technical development documents to ensure Panasonic standards are followed
- Compiles and summarizes advanced organizational and process information from the business partner, including a good understanding of business terminology
- Adheres to IT standards and processes
- Assist in development and execution of Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing scripts
- Creates presentations and demonstrations
- Performs advanced data collection tasks and leads in requirement gathering/collection
- Directs the creation of training documents/materials and leads business partners’ training sessions
- Recommends creative ways to solve advanced business partners’ needs
- Works with business partners to facilitate understanding of scope, in terms they can understand
- Train/Develop analysts
- May work on multiple projects as subject matter expert
- May perform some of the duties of an IT Quality Assurance Analyst or acts as a Project Manager on small projects
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Undergraduate degree in Business or IT curriculum
- Preferred: Advanced degree in Business or IT curriculum
- Minimum 6 years of experience in IT functional areas and in corresponding business operations
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret advanced business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of advanced algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively communicate business and technical information with all levels of employees.
- Ability to consider enterprise issues while developing solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of the application of business workflow and requirements.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Onsite employment
- Travel up to 50%
- Understand and promote standard SAP S/4 Solutions (SCM, PTP, OTC, Finance)
- Identify, research problems
- Determine logical solutions by leveraging expertise and experience
- Use broad systems thinking
- Be creative/innovative
- Be detail orientated
- Exercise confidentiality
- Have a service mindset
- Be empathetic
- Promote teamwork
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy is expanding to Kansas after demonstrating exceptional performance Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems. This role is located in De Soto, Kansas and is responsible for the next phase of Panasonic battery manufacturing for Tesla and Lucid.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. We continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy.