Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
The SAP Engineer will foster improvement of current business practices as well as leverage their own SAP experiences to support front-end activities, support functional and technical projects using SAP architecture, and support the ever-changing system requirements as PENA continues to grow. The ideal candidate will report directly to our PENA IT department but will work closely with our business users to support all facet of daily operations to minimize SAP issues. You will also be working with our off-site IT members to provide business requirements for IT tasks such as Developments, Configurations, SDLCs, UATs, and other IT activities. This position will be primarily focused towards the Systems aspect of IT and less with Infrastructure. As PENA grows, additional requirements and tasks will be requested to support multiple projects across the company.Primary Role and Responsibilities
IT Service Delivery
- Manage the continuous optimizations of IT Systems services.
- Continuously promote the high availability of service for critical customer applications.
- Follow and promote PENA and US Company (Parent company) policies and procedures.
- Skilled in the delivery of IT services through performance metrics.
- Make recommendations for ongoing process improvement.
Business Scheme Setup with integration of SCM Business Relationships
- Develop the business scheme between TESLA, Suppliers, and PENA.
- Develop returns on investment analysis scenarios for new projects or new services.
- Develop and maintain the customer IT service offering.
- Develop support evidence for SOX Compliance audit.
- Improve the working relationship between IT and Business users.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, technology management or a related degree, and/or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing and delivering IT services in assembly and production manufacturing industry (international desirable)
- Experience in managing complex project teams
- Experience in business process re-engineering of systems application
- Experience in the delivery of IT Services:
- MM, PP, SD, FI or CO
- Desirable, cross-functional module experience
- Desirable, interfacing between modules
- Desirable, MES factory-oriented applications
- MM, PP, SD, FI or CO
- End User Services
- Experience in managing budgets and financial expectations (ROI analysis)
- Customer focused and business sensitive attitude for applying effective manufacturing IT solutions.
- Promote high quality IT solutions - SAP ERP, MES, and other Manufacturing Systems.
- Promote creative and innovative IT services.
- Identify, research, solve and prevent service quality problems.
- Flexible with Financial period close and ad hoc SAP issues.
- Ability to complete work with limited guidance.
- Strong skillset with leading multiple projects congruently.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.