Panasonic – Sales Representative
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach. 50% of the sales process will be devoted to new customer development
- Collaborates with Regional Managers to build direct territory and grow business with existing distributors and factories.
- Responsible for personal visits and presentations to Distributors, Manufacturing Engineers, Safety Engineers in support of the sales plan to meet the needs of the company and region.
- Achieve sales and profit targets for area of responsibility and responsible for developing demand forecast for assigned customer base.
- Demonstrates products to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers, manufacturer’s representatives and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals /quotations for current and potential customers.
- Participate in trade shows, seminars and field events as directed.
Planning & Training:
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization. Updated in Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities. Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive products and industry trends
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all Panasonic products, features, functions, and benefits and competitive advantages and is able to make cogent presentations using Power Point and other materials to communicate that message to engineers. Provide on-the-job training /mentoring to new distributor sales employees.
- Customer Service Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Administrative Maintain clear written records of all contacts and potential business in the format requested.
- Submit detailed weekly sales report to the Regional Sales Manager and Group Manager with customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products.
- Input expense reports no later than 2 weeks after the expense in incurred Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory as well as occasional overseas travel (70% travel requirement from your home based office.)
What You’ll Bring:
- Budget, employees direct and indirect and other resources managed.
- Reports to the Regional Sales Manager
- Achieve sales goals for district level accounts and work with Regional Sales Manager to achieve sales goals in areas with and without Independent reps within the Eastern region.
- This position includes a company car allowance
Education & Experience:
- Associate Degree in technical sales or Bachelor Degree, marketing or business studies is preferred. 3-5+ years relevant experience in industrial sales, sales to factories, factory automation knowledge is a plus
- Highly competent in use of a personal computer particularly MS Office with ability to acquire new skills with corporate business systems.
- Able to utilize CRM program for lead generation and disbursement.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails in a timely manner, Able to articulate product features in concise, simple to understand language at all levels, from operator and distributor, to specifying engineer.
- Ability to educate best practice to manufacturing engineers and end users in a way that encourages the use of the company’s products.
- Able to prepare convincing arguments to close sales.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of English both written and verbally. Spanish is a plus
- Carry sample products into and out of customer locations, carry and load/unload from car/van frequently.
- Typically, able to carry 40lbs load by self Negotiate factories unaided and be able to demonstrate product installation when necessary.
- THIS IS A TERRITORIAL POSITION. YOU MUST LIVE IN ONE OF THE STATES IN THE TERRITORY: NY, NJ, PA, MA, CT, WV, VA, NC, SC, TN, GA Requires 75% + travel and covers region
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.