Panasonic –Sales Rep II- Direct Sales / Indoor Air Quality Ventilation in Northern California
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Achieve sales and profit targets for area of responsibility and responsible for developing demand forecast for assigned customer base.
- Demonstrates products to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers, manufacturer’s representatives and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products.
- Responsible for personal visits and presentations to Builders, Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Installer targets in support of the sales plan to meet the needs of the company and region.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals /quotations for current and potential customers.
- Participate in trade shows, seminars and field events as directed.
Planning & Training
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive advertising and promotional trends through reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all Panasonic products, features, functions, and benefits and competitive advantages
- Provide on-the-job training /mentoring to new distributor sales employees.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Maintain clear written records of all contacts and potential business in the format requested.
- Submit detailed monthly sales report to the Area Sales Manager with customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products.
- Input expense reports no later than 2 weeks after the expense in incurred
- Input special pricing requests into SAP as required
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, marketing or business studies is preferred.
- 5-8+ years relevant experience in sales of wholesale, commercial, industrial or residential products, Indoor Air quality, ventilation fans etc. required.
- Highly competent in use of a personal computer particularly MS Office with ability to acquire new skills with corporate business systems. Able to utilize CRM program for lead generation and disbursement.
- this is a work from home position for the northern California territory
- Carry sample product and merchandising displays into and out of customer locations, carry and deliver for shipment and load/unload from car/van frequently. Typically, able to carry 40lbs load by self
- Load, unload, setup custom displays for trade shows etc. Typically, able to carry 40lbs load by self
- Negotiate construction sites unaided and be able to demonstrate product installation when necessary
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory as well as occasional overseas travel (20-30% travel requirement from your home based office annually)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.