Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Develop new accounts and/or expands existing accounts within an established region/territory and for medium complex/ visible accounts. Is able to operate with a reasonable level of autonomously and deliver a high level of performance. Oversee sales planning, coordination, preparation, approval, and support of maintenance services proposals to airlines. Generate unique proposals for new service offerings. Performs contract negotiation and coordination (in association with the Contracts department) with the airline customer. Performs program implementation for maintenance and technical services once they are sold in coordination with the Service Program Manager assigned to the program. Manages, through matrix organization, the coordination of the activities towards the sales of services with responsibility/accountability for results, including costs, profit, methods, and staffing.
Sales Planning of Maintenance and Technical Services
•Determine potential customers and determine a strategy for winning contracts for maintenance and technical services. The strategy would be performed and implemented with regional sales focal where available.
• Assigned to medium size/complexity accounts or to more complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts under the guidance of a Sales Director.
• Develop and maintain detailed information on potential customer organizations, key decision-makers, and key influencers with the purpose of fostering relationship between customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
• Ensure proper implementation of marketing programs, product promotions, and service offerings in order to maintain Panasonic Avionics Corporation as the preferred Technical Service provider.
• Keep informed of competitors, developments, and trends. Provide regular reports on activities and opportunities.
• Manage sales forecast/bookings and helps to establish sales growth and profit targets.
Proposal Generation for Maintenance and Technical Services
• Research information to develop specific quotes for customers for standard and customized services.
• Coordinate proposal with maintenance operations groups, check and approve P and L and proposal, then discuss with and obtain approval from senior management and Finance prior to submitting to customers.
Contract Negotiation and Coordination with the Airline Customer
• Team with contracts manager to negotiate maintenance and repair contracts with airline customers.
• Coordinate key issues with senior management prior to contract completion.
Program Implementation for Repair and Maintenance Services
• Once a program is sold, the sales support manager will coordinate with the service program manager the implementation of the maintenance and/or technical services for the airline.
• This effort is done in conjunction with the Hardware regional account manager for a new system sale.
Marketing Presentation/Analysis and Sales Tools Development
• Develop the value proposition presentation and sales tools for regional Marketing Managers to use to promote sales of maintenance and technical services (Solution sales approach).
• Assess and/or develop an understanding of the maintenance services and the value it provides to airlines in order to reach company profit and sales targets.
• Develop Company Intelligence on the sale of Maintenance services to the Airlines
What we’re looking for:
•Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• Prior Experience in the sales of Maintenance services within an MRO and/or an airline.
• Technical understanding of In-Flight Entertainment systems and its related components preferred.
• Solid working knowledge of the MRO (Maintenance and Repair Organization) industry
• Strong sales and negotiation skills that produce win-win results within a technology environment.
• Independent self-starter, with excellent communication skills. Ability to speak with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with customers and internal company departments in order to smoothly and effectively address customer needs.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and present the business case to Management for guidance/decision
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
• Clear understanding of airline strategic objectives and ability to convey OEM value proposition.
• Experience in analyzing, researching, and interpreting data required to produce sales proposals and develop customized or new service offerings.
• Experience in working in a matrix organization is a plus.
• Ability to work on issues of diverse and complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business and market trends.
• Proven experience with problem-solving, decision-making, and multi-tasking to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers in a professional and timely manner.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated and proven record of success in sales. Viewed as an expert in the field.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Proven ability to manage customer accounts of high complexity and scope in creative and effective ways.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide support to other sales managers as required
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.