Panasonic - Sales Manager - Solutions
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You Will Get To Do:
Within Panasonic’s Industrial Visual Systems division, this role will report into the director of the Solutions & Services group. Solutions & Services utilizes a hub and spoke system as the go to market model. As the hub, Solutions will work with the spokes such as sales teams and even direct team resources, to take the solutions to market and sell them.
The Solutions Sales Manager is responsible for leading and managing the strategic and tactical activities of the business development team. The primary goal is to establish vision and business plan towards the implementation, development and execution of solutions sales. This sales manager position will have 2 experienced business development managers as direct reports.Accountability:
- Lead, coach, train and motivate team by working alongside direct reports in the field calling on end users across various vertical markets with ultimate goal of developing a robust sales pipeline and revenue forecast for our defined solutions.
- Establish vision, create business plans for new solutions within the vertical, set strategic direction and ensure adjustments to plan as necessary throughout fiscal year to ensure achievement of goals. Create KPI’s for direct reports and measure them on daily, weekly, monthly sales activity.
- Provide timely, accurate & complete reports to management on progress and state of team’s activities. Engages and leverages effective relationships with internal resources and industry partners to create opportunities and drive further adoption of Panasonic’s defined solutions in the marketplace.
- Provide market intel and data to help define future solutions Panasonic can bring to market
- Establishes guidelines and expected levels of performance for direct reports and is dedicated to communicating, reinforcing, measuring, enforcing, and taking action where necessary to ensure the highest level of employee performance.
- Provides accountabilities and objectives for each direct report that clearly outlines performance expectations. Updates and communicates enhancements to accountabilities and objectives as required.
- Regularly accompanies direct reports on account visits with the purpose of providing support, leadership, and education. Provides immediate feedback to direct reports as required relative to their performance.
- Provides annual training opportunities to all direct reports in an effort to enhance individual skill levels and performance.
- Regularly monitors the progress of each direct report, effectively and promptly communicates opportunities for improvement and assists direct reports in creating their individual territory or go to market plans.
- Delegates authority to encourage personal growth and identifies and develops future management from their team
- Responsible for achievement of team business plan through execution of plan and control of expenditures.
- Responsible for owning the solutions sales ecosystem, and working with the appropriate sales teams and product management to generate overall growth in the solutions space.
- Must be the go to expert at Panasonic for communicating the partner ecosystem message as it relates to our defined solutions.
- Determine what trade shows and vertical business functions the team needs to attend.
- Meets with product team and supervisor to discuss partnerships, products and services needed for expansion of sales revenue.
- Position requires a mid to high level of Excel and PowerPoint due to all the business analytics and presentations required of the job.
- Always on the lookout for potential solutions Panasonic can create to make our organization more powerful in the specific vertical market.
- Must have an understanding of and be proficient in current CRM tools, and be able to teach and coach entire team on it’s usage.
What You'll Bring:Scope:
- Responsible for managing a team tasked with driving business development activities and specifically building the solutions pipeline and budget attainment.
- Will cover the US managing 2 Business Development Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing or a related discipline.
- 5-8 years successful sales engagement experience in sales management
- Prefer experience in solution sales
- Experience with developing a market
- Strong leadership skills. Previous experience managing a remote team in a channel or direct sales environment, or equivalent education such as an MBA.
- Has a solid understanding of business, financials, markets and the needs of resellers and customers.
- Ability to articulate the partner ecosystem value proposition and align it with Panasonic’s business objectives.
- Strong communicative, interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
- 50 percent or more travel
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.