Provides leadership responsibility within the sales team to ensure organizational objectives are met for identified Premium Audio programs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Visible leader to internal departments (Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Tier One, Warehouse, and Logistics). Ensures business objectives are on track and facilitates cross-functional recovery.
- Program Management – WIN-WIN alternatives to developmental issues.
- Quality – Involvement in Warranty, JD Powers and parts per million (PPM) improvement.
- Engineering – Understands technology platform and can articulate this to customer’s engineering organization
- Global – Leads other PAS regions and identifies solutions and opportunities.(accountable if applicable for position)
- Purchasing – Leads, identifies, and oversees resolutions for critical problem suppliers.
- APQP – Ensures all Advance Quality and Planning Procedures (APQP) requirements are
understood and achieved.
- Ensures profitability initiative through value added/value engineering (VA/VE) initiatives and understanding corporate cost drivers.
- Directs process to minimize / eliminate charge backs and to ensure accounts receivables are transacted in a timely and efficient manner. (E.g. customer collections).
- Analyzes, monitors, and takes appropriate action based on the division’s profit and loss (P/L) statement.
- Advises company and other team members on possible initiatives to achieve sales goals.
- Manages the business appropriately to meet growth and profitability targets.
- Ensures creation and retention of business.
- Detailed understanding of internal and customer process, priorities and schedules related to pursuit opportunities.
- Advises company and other team members on and identifies prospects for new or replacement business, probes customers, and engages in negotiations and business discussions with customers, to determine their business needs.
- Identifies potential opportunities, advises company on future products and services, and provides customers with scope of opportunities.
- Ability to understand market research data and communicate salient messages aligned with pursuits.
- Ability to work and direct external organizations including creative agencies, brand partners, market research firms.
Quotations and Pricing
- Advises and directs request for quote (RFQ) strategy and process with factory, account managers and customer.
- Maintains high visibility in project negotiations and renewals.
- Achieves and maintains minimum profit margin requirements working withing cross-functional teams.
Budget and Midterm Plan
- Develops and implements annual sales budget and divisional midterm plan. Monitors actual results versus plan for accuracy.
- Raises the Bar: Takes decisive action to meet and surpass goals, takes calculated risks for measured gains and addresses future needs and opportunities.
- Plans and Implements: Takes action to outline a plan. Prioritizes steps to be taken, develops contingency plans, and obtains appropriate information.
- High school diploma and eight (8) years of related experience; or *Bachelor's Degree in a related field and six (6) years of related experience. Or *Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering related field and six (6) years of related experience in automotive industry (
- Two (2) of the required years must be in automotive parts, systems, or components industry.
- A proven track record of developing new sales opportunities and closing negotiations.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and establish a high degree of trust at all organizational levels.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint databases, and other computer applications related to the position and assignment.
- Prior experience with automotive premium audio solutions preferred.
- Prior experience with JOEM customers (Toyota/Honda/Nissan/Mazda) preferred.
- Brand marketing experience and a passion for music preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.