Panasonic Energy Corporation of America (PECA)
This position is responsible for maintaining and growing existing (Consumer Packaged Goods) accounts and developing new accounts. Solicits and maintains favorable relationship with current and new accounts. Develop sales of product by analyzing current business and identifying opportunities from that data. Coordinates sales negotiations and administrative support with appropriate sales, engineering, marketing and finance personnel. Provides information for forecasting sales and assists in developing departmental budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain Current Business: Maintain and expand current business through effective support, service, account management and sales promotion.
- Account Responsibility: Assume total account(s) responsibility, including service, credit and delivery.
- Communication: Maintain communication with sales and marketing to assure customer support and engineering assistance. Recommends stock levels and requests for new products to meet customer needs. Works with sales and marketing to develop profitable and successful programs to secure and grow business.
- Matrix Management: Achieve objectives working through multiple levels of support functions that may or may not have a direct reporting relationship.
- Forecasting: Forecasting customer demands for upcoming 12 months of business. Forecasts must be based on prior sales history, customer input (if available) and current retail sales figures.
- Planning: Assists in developing annual and mid-range strategic business plans as it pertains to assigned account(s).
- Expense Control: Responsible for maintaining expenditures and inventories within set limits, as well as responsibility for budgets to the extent authorized.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: None
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Business Administration or related degree from four-year College or University. Or prior experience
- Eight or more years of industry specific account management, sales and marketing experience as it pertains to the business unit product(s) and/or customers.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills are essential.
- A good understanding of PIC and division policies and procedures is desired.
- Ability to travel as required of the position
LANGUAGE/ Communications SKILLS
Strong written, negotiation, and oral communication capabilities; including major presentations to high-level internal/external contacts, are required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete or abstract variables in no standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Literate in Office 365
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.