Panasonic – Solutions Sales Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION. LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES FROM COLORADO AND WEST
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to create demand, secure new business and find new markets for Panasonic IT/IP live broadcast solutions, with strong emphasis on the KAIROS platform. Strategic planning, intensive networking, & collaboration with the relevant PSSNA resources (Sales Management, Engineering, Marketing, & Category Owners) will be a key to success. Accountability to drive monthly & quarterly revenue for factory/KAIROS solution sales as well as development of longer term pipeline opportunities.
Essential for success are a strong combination of strategic and creative talent, strong internal motivation, and a bias for action. The position is also highly dependent on developing relationships (both external to Panasonic & internally) & strategic End User prospecting.
Factory/KAIROS Solution Sales Development:
- Develop and implement business plan to prospect for & secure sales of KAIROS platform.
- Create a plan that outlines a clear vision of necessary actions to be taken to win business from clearly identified, high value end-user customers/vertical markets.
- Manage all aspects of business plan execution to satisfy customer requirements and ensure sales targets & additional KPI’s are met.
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly & annual quota for factory/KAIROS solutions along with achieving strategic goals / targets as assigned by sales management.
- Ensure factory/KAIROS solutions revenues meet or exceed forecasts.
- Initiate and manage high level negotiations with large customers including special development or specific contracts for new/unique business opportunities with KAIROS hardware and Software solutions
- Serve as the KAIROS sales expert in support for Territory Account Managers local channel support.
- Visit with, present, & conduct high-level demonstrations to End User targets – either developed independently or in conjunction with Territory Account Managers.
- Lead end User communication, meetings, pipeline development, & sales closure.
- Work with Sales Management, Engineering, Marketing, & Category Owners to develop and execute appropriate KAIROS messaging, strategies, promotions, and other tactics designed to generate market awareness for KAIROS, produce actionable leads, and grow the pipeline.
- Deliver regular market research and competitive positioning / pricing analysis to Sales Management, Engineering, Marketing, & Category Owners. Including presenting emerging business models and best practices for software and solution sales
- Identify, subscribe to, & participate in professional audio-visual events/trade shows/associations and periodicals in order to understand and evaluate IP/Switching/Production trends.
- Continually monitor market demands & feedback relative to in development KAIROS platform.
- Effectively manage all administrative duties and reporting in timely manner.
- Including but not exclusive to Salesforce customer, pipeline and opportunity data maintenance, sales forecasting, & Product-Sales-Inventory (PSI).
- Additional reporting on activities, solution & vertical news, technology, information, solution development, and various headquarter requests.
- Monitor & achieve all HQ required KGI’s.
- Manage & coordinate individual meetings, travel, & expenses
What You’ll Bring:
This is an individual contribution role with primary responsibility of developing & increasing market share of Panasonic IT/IP live broadcast solutions, with strong emphasis on the KAIROS platform. Matrix collaboration required between sales, marketing, product marketing, product engineering and factory management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar related field required.
- 4-6+ years’ experience of direct and indirect based business development & selling of visual communication products & solutions.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of Live Production Switching and Video processing whom possesses knowledge of IP networks & video production workflows.
- Industry certifications preferred.
- Self-motivated, resilient, can-do attitude to overcome obstacles and find resolution in sometimes difficult conditions.
- Excellent judgment and be able to work in a challenging matrix management environment.
- Able to navigate informal structures making work related contacts and collaborate with internal resources to accomplish company goals.
- Strategic thinker who takes systematic approaches to solving problems to ensure customer satisfaction and achieving company goals.
- Understanding of pipeline management discipline.
- Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal required.
- Strong team building & interpersonal skills required.
- Able to cultivate relationships of C-Level individuals within strategic, high-value end-user customers.
- Passionate company advocate with ability to negotiate at all levels of customer engagement.
- Must have the ability to explain complex systems in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
- Skilled presenter who is comfortable with one-on-one or large group audiences.
Excellent interpersonal skills, a strong orientation to entrepreneurship yet with ability to work very effectively in virtual teams. Polished professional with excitement and energy for solution sales and understanding/learning about emerging visual communication/audio-visual technologies in order to be the “face” of Panasonic.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CRM software including customer contact, sales pipeline and opportunity data management (Salesforce preferred).
- Travel up to 60% of time, some weekend work, hours of work may vary due to business travel, customer availability and trade show involvement.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.