Provides leadership and senior level sales responsibility within the sales team to ensure organizational Quality, Cost, Development, and Delivery (QCDD) objectives are met for identified programs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Visible leader to internal departments (Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Tier One, Warehouse, and Logistics). Ensures business objectives are on track and facilitates cross-functional recovery.
- May or may not supervise other sales team members.
- Program Management – WIN-WIN alternatives to developmental issues.
- Quality – Involvement in Warranty, JD Powers and parts per million (PPM) improvement.
- Engineering – Understands technology platform and can articulate this to customer’s engineering organization along with recovery agreement development for shorting objectives
- Purchasing – Leads, identifies, and oversees resolutions for critical problem suppliers.
- Global – Leads other PAS regions and identifies solutions and opportunities.
- Ensures profitability initiative through value added/value engineering (VA/VE) initiatives and understanding corporate cost drivers.
- Directs process to minimize / eliminate charge backs and to ensure accounts receivables are transacted in a timely and efficient manner. (E.g. customer collections).
- Analyzes, monitors, and takes appropriate action based on the division’s profit and loss (P/L) statement.
- Advises company and other team members on possible initiatives to achieve sales goals.
- Manages the business appropriately to meet growth and profitability targets.
- Ensures creation and retention of business.
- Ensures customer deliveries through appropriate forecasting methods and resolution of customer / factory fluctuations.
- Advises company and other team members on and identifies prospects for new or replacement business, probes customers, and engages in negotiations and business discussions with customers, to determine their business needs.
- Identifies potential opportunities, advises company on future products and services, and provides customers with scope of opportunities.
Quotations and Pricing
- Advises and directs request for quote (RFQ) strategy and process with factory, account managers and customer.
- Leads sales team and maintains high visibility in price negotiations and renewals.
- Achieves and maintains minimum profit margin requirements.
Budget and Midterm Plan
- Develops and implements annual sales budget and divisional midterm plan. Monitors actual results versus plan for accuracy.
- High school diploma and eight (8) years of related experience; or *Bachelor's Degree in a related field and six (6) years of related experience. Or *Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering related field and six (6) years of related experience in automotive industry (use requirement when applicable to position).
- Two (2) of the required years must be in automotive parts, systems, or components industry.
- A proven track record of developing new sales opportunities and closing negotiations.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and establish a high degree of trust at all organizational levels.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint databases, and other computer applications related to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.