Panasonic – Sales Engineering Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do
As the Sales Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading the management of the technical presentations, product demonstrations, and engineering negotiation by strong collaboration across functions such as Japan Engineering, Project Management, Factories and Customer Relations. This role is critical in the execution of technical projects by being a key contact to our Customers and Partners for all technical aspects, wherever possible by utilizing both technical aptitude and business insight continuously.
Proactively identify value adding opportunities for both the organization and the customer to improve product performance, cost as well as communication, through effective management of Sales Engineering activities. Prepares the strategy for variation orders and claims and co-leads negotiations
- Execute the strategic direction of product development through strong technical analytics and leading conversations with engineering leaders in partnership with teams including Japan Engineering, Project Management, Factories and Customer Relations.
- Guide and execute technical meetings with Tesla and other customers by coordinating internal and external key stakeholders.
- Take ownership of technical negotiation with customers in order to develop new battery cells and execute cost reduction related programs.
- Develop recommendations to advise senior management on high-priority initiatives, including growth strategy, product and segment strategies.
- Participate in Commercial Excellence Team, risk and opportunity, change control board and variation order meetings to ensure early identification of commercial risks and opportunities.
- Oversee data driven marketing and sales analysis and campaigns by utilizing predictive modeling.
- Participate in strategic decisions for a variety of customer segments while remaining sensitive to the customer touch point frequency.
- Drive customer-centric culture through data and analytics to provide the best possible experience for current and future customers.
- Other duties may be assigned by leadership.
What You'll Bring
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Electrochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or other battery-related fields
- 4 plus years of engineering experience
- Skill and know-how regarding lithium-ion battery cell engineering through working in battery manufacturing or research industries.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- A passion to serve the customer.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including those overseas in Japan.
- Must be confident providing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Ability to identify potential problems and proactively generate ideas for acceptable solutions
- Demonstrate leadership and proven ability to interact with all levels of staff, members, board, and committee members
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Fluency in the Japanese language including speaking, reading, and writing is strongly preferred.
- Prefer candidate is in Reno, NV
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $120,000 - $125,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!