Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
This position will be right at the nerve center of the Panasonic division (called the Electric Vehicle Battery Business Office), which will be involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using various methods of communications to connect with customers. We are looking for dynamic team players that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (developers to executive leadership) on the best way to support cell development while minimizing costs. Both technical aptitude and business insight will be utilized continuously in order to effectively deliver within this role. Strong collaboration is necessary across functions and/or business units such as Sales Engineering (EVBB), Japan Engineering, Project Management, and Customer Relations.
- Communicating with Tesla cell engineering and cell supply chain management team in order to develop new battery cells and execute cost reduction related programs.
- Supporting cell development and cost reduction programs with Japan HQ.
- Collaborating with production engineering teams to conduct cost reduction programs.
- Coordinating meetings between internal team members and customer representatives.
- Supporting English/Japanese communications as an interpreter/translator among Japan HQ and US PENA.
- Data management/analysis of battery cell technical data.
- Other job may be assigned by leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or other battery-related fields.
- 5+ years of sales engineering experience.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in customer-facing roles such as consulting, support, or ideally sales engineering.
- Skill and know-how regarding lithium-ion battery cell engineering through working in battery manufacturing or research industries.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including those overseas in Japan.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Must be confident providing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint to put together proposals, project planning, and status updates for executive presentations.
- Fluency in the Japanese language including speaking, reading, and writing is strongly preferred.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.