Panasonic – Sales Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Operating technical meetings with Tesla & other customers by coordinating internal team members and customer representatives.
- Communicating with Tesla cell engineering and cell supply chain management team in order to develop new battery cells and execute cost reduction related programs.
- Supporting cell development and cost reduction programs with Japan HQ.
- Collaborating with production engineering teams to conduct cost reduction programs.
- Data management/analysis of battery cell technical data.
- Other job may be assigned by leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
- The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or other battery-related fields.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
- 5 plus years of sales engineering experience.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in customer-facing roles such as consulting, support, or ideally sales engineering.
- Skill and know-how regarding lithium-ion battery cell engineering through working in battery manufacturing or research industries.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including those overseas in Japan.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Must be confident providing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Fluency in the Japanese language including speaking, reading, and writing is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.