Panasonic – Sales Engineer - SP
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for defining, demonstrating, presenting and negotiating technical aspects of IIoT solutions with external and internal customers primarily in the manufacturing & industrial logistics industry. The position requires strong technical skills, particularly in software, networking (RF) and technical writing. Sales Engineers are the primary authors of solution proposals (including requirements documents) and are directly accountable to produce artifacts to support quote approvals. Sales engineers travel to support customer visits, trade shows and attend many online calls to support field sales representatives. Sales engineers regularly attend product training sessions with development engineering to ensure that they accurately represent capabilities in current and future products in our roadmap. They are also often stakeholders in post-sale project execution, serving as auxiliary members of the install team, particularly for PoC or initial programs with customers they have worked with. They may also be used in training users when assigned, as well as channel partners in their region.
- Customer presentations and pre-sales meetings
- Online calls, conferences
- On-site visits, presentations
- Technical documentation (Requirements documents)
- Solution Proposal preparation, authorization and presentation
- Writing solution proposals, requirements documents
- Seeking approvals for solutions (management, engineering, sales)
- Negotiating with customer stakeholders
- Administration (customer records, reports, expenses and documents)
- Keeping up customer records in SalesCloud and ServiceCloud
- Expenses and documentation for travel/events
- Answering emails and phone calls
- Training (attending and delivering)
- Learning product and roadmap details
- External technology training
- Training users or partners in the field as required
What You’ll Bring:
- Primary authorship of solution proposals (including requirements documents), directly accountable to produce artifacts to support quote approvals
- Travel to support customer visits, trade shows and attend many online calls to support field sales representatives
- Product training sessions with development engineering, accurate representation of capabilities in current and future products
- Post-sale project task execution as assigned, particularly for PoC or initial programs
- Training users when assigned, including channel partner technicians in their region
Education & Experience:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent
- RF Systems/Communications or industrial automation/SCADA experience preferred
- Sales or product management experience preferred
- Background or strong knowledge of manufacturing operations preferred.
- The position requires strong technical skills, particularly in software, networking (RF) and technical writing.
- Organization skills, ability to work independently, self-driven and self-starting
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate effectively, particularly technical requirements and tradeoffs
- User documentation and technical writing
- This position primarily works from a home office setting during regular business hours; however, additional hours and work at customer sites is required as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job internally and externally, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand and walk and may on occasion need to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may on occasion be called to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and possibly up to 40 pounds.
- Business travel may be required up to 35% annually, normally in-region (very rare international travel)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.