The position acts as the liaison with the sales force, and can be the first line of contact with the customer and factory to accomplish administrative objectives. Position will typically be used where clerical administrative duties are required to conduct business, in combination with sales support functions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- May serve as the first line of contact with the customer relative to customer service issues.
- May be responsible for processing of orders/debits/credits and returns, including:
- Processing orders & EDI (electronic data interface)
- Communicating with factories and MRP to place orders
- Tracking orders.
- Processing paperwork including debits, credits, returns, export requests, inventory transfers, etc.
- Responding to inquiries on delivery status and returns.
- Processing change requests and expediting.
- Communicates with the factory and internal departments in order to coordinate and support inventory needs.
- May be responsible for the research, and tracking in the PSI report.
- Recommends adjustments as necessary to control inventory and anticipates factors that change the plan and makes immediate corrections through a weekly stock status analysis.
- Follows proper internal controls and policies as established by the company. Ensures that backlog items, premium airfreight, diversions, manual shipments, Terms and Conditions, etc. meet standardized departmental policy.
- Responds to customer requests for government compliance on free trade (currently NAFTA)
- Participates in and organizes IATF and SOX audits as planned across all functions.
- Contacts and requests order credit hold releases.
- Assists the credit department by researching charge backs, providing the credit department with documentation such as invoices and proof of deliveries.
- Assists credit department with cash application.
- Correspondences and reports, including compiling statistical and graphical data in standard format.
- General duties including fax and mail distribution, phone coverage, filing and other duties as requested.
- Principle contact with customers (may include reps or distributors) for problem resolution relative to any sales issue.)
- Facilitates, communicates and supports all direct sales efforts to satisfy customer requirements while maintaining company policy.
- Communicates primarily with the factory and internal departments to support inventory, sales and marketing programs.
- Minimum five (5) years related experience. High School diploma/GED preferred or; Bachelors Degree in a related field with three (3) years related experience.
- Experience must include customer service, sales support and sales operations.
- Experience in an automotive or related manufacturing organization preferred.
- Familiar with a WMS system (warehouse management system), preferably CCore.
- Familiar with Gentran or customer EDI (electronic data interchange) system.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Demonstrated customer service ability with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency with Outlook.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.