The Safety Coordinator will help develop, implement, and manage safety programs, guidelines, and measures. Ensures the organization is complying with all current safety guidelines. Evaluates the organization's procedures, facilities and equipment to identify unsafe conditions that need improvement. Identifies and evaluates working conditions and makes the needed adjustments to safeguard employee health. Examines and recommends safety equipment. Responsible for maintenance of safety and accident records.
- Using an attitude of proactive prevention, promote and protect the health of the work force and maintain a safe and healthy work environment. Set goals for and manage safety and health-care services through implementation and evaluation of programs and procedures to ensure employee and plant safety and prevent accidents, occupational illnesses and injuries
- Ensures the organization is in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory and company health and safety standards/codes. Maintain control of safety and health processes, both independently and under the direction of other safety experts. Compile, analyze and interpret statistical data related to factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents. Prepare reports/recommendations for management to act on, with strong review of compliance and risk assessment. Manage the MSDS system. Recommend risk-reduction strategies. Set objectives to receive safety management certification or equivalent from National Safety Council.
- Works with design engineers to help provide ergonomically correct workstations for employees. Perform workstation ergonomic assessments and implement modifications as necessary.
- Design, plan and conduct appropriate safety and health training programs to protect the employee including Employer Right to Know (Hazard Communication), First Sid, CPR, Blood-borne Pathogens, Respirator Protection, Hearing Protection, Safe Glasses PPE Training, Incident Analysis, Fork-lift Training and Manual Handing. Maintain on-going health promotion programs and wellness promotions i.e.: Wellness Fair, Cancer Society, Crime Prevention, Dermatitis, and Hearing Testing. Coordinate industrial hygiene sampling/occupational exposure monitoring; i.e., Sound Level, Air Quality and CO monitoring and maintaining records.
- Conducts safety audits and on-site inspections of operational procedures. Coordinates and participates in audits, surveys and investigations conducted by representatives of company and regulatory agencies. “Chairs” plant Safety Committee.
- Coordinate occupational health programs (respiratory protection, audiograms, etc.) and other relevant information with appropriate outside resources. Assists contracted health services in determining causes of occupational illnesses and recommend corrective action. Monitor and maintain plant’s safety shoes & safety glasses programs.
- Administer workers’ compensation for the facility. Coordinate all claims with WC insurance provider and case management workers. Uses expert clinical knowledge in the case management of workers’ compensation and short-term disability. Track illnesses and or injuries, file first reports of injury, work with employee to the workplace. Monthly review of claims and take the lead in their management. Maintain OSHA 300 log, medical records and employees’ confidentiality.
- Provide knowledge of diverse chemical and physical hazards within the facilities. Collaborate with facilities’ engineering in the design and installation of safety and health-related engineering control systems. Coordinate emergency response team activities with Environmental Coordinator