Panasonic – Process Welding Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- With the support of senior engineer, robotic welding engineer is responsible for developing and establishing excellent procedures and programs to compete in a competitive market and salsify customer demands.
- Solving weld issues and propose the cost effective solutions.
- Presales activity: Establish the best programs which meet customer’s requirement to win welding projects using our market leading technologies and promote the most cost effective solution for customer.
- After sales activity: Investigate and solve weld issues root cause at the customer’s plant who are using our robots. Guide customers how to use the machines in the most effective way possible.
- Training activity: Create documents regarding with how to utilize the machine fully and avoid weld defects using weld techniques.
- Other: Collects, tracks, and advises on downtime issues and implements short and long-term solutions to minimize downtime.
- Establish the best weld performance out of the machine and present technical presales welding demonstrations with supervisor and meetings with clients and partners.
- Provide welding improvement to customers their facility or office in Farmington Hills, MI.
- Communicate and build relationships with clients and partners to ensure client satisfaction and identify new business opportunities and report to manager.
- Perform required technical research as market research and due diligence on hardware and software solutions as they pertain to the clients technology needs
- Overall client support case management using lightweight Project Management methodologies and various reporting tools
- Coordination of technical resources to resolve complex problems and provide answers to detailed customer configuration questions, with the assistance of an extended team of supporting players
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- S. Degree in Welding, Electrical Technology, Engineering or equivalent CWI, CWE, IWE, IWT.
- 2-5 Years of experience in a welding/robotics environment and manufacturing industry area
- Arc welding knowledge
- Preferred to have experience in manual MIG welding
- Better to have electrical and / or mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to make report with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Carries out complex technical assignments to install, troubleshoot, modify, and repair our core products and solutions at customer sites, with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting, while working in potentially high-pressure circumstances, in achieving 100% problem resolution of repair activity at customer site.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with all organizational levels and management, internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in PSCNA activities, in general.
- Capability in effective communication with internal departments (Technical Support, PMO, Sales, Product Teams, Spare Parts, Engineering, Order Processing, Accounting, etc.)
- Capable to commute to Farmington Hills Tech Center.
- Capable to work in manufacturing factory production environments.
- Capable to solve an issue with flexible and customer first mindset.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Capable of lifting over 50 pounds (22.7 kg), standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (often 70%, or greater), domestically and internationally, often with very short or immediate notice, with flexible work hours.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.