- Business Acumen: Leading efforts to improve the financial impact of engineering activities on the business and thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business.
- Engineering Processes: Fluent in most processes and leading improvement initiatives.
- Project Impact: Responsible for managing projects requiring multiple components and sub-systems integration.
- Team Interaction: Technical leadership on project cross functional teams
- External Customer Interaction: Interacts widely with external customers and bodies
- Autonomy: Manages workload effectively with general direction required
- Technical Communication: Can handle preparation and presentation on technical subjects
- Technical Judgment (Problem Solving): Presentation of multiple solutions and effective reasoning around final selection shown
- Developing Others: Effective at mentoring and guiding less experienced engineers
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 5 - 7 years of experience
- BS in Engineering discipline (MS/PHD Preferred)
- Assist in concept development and participate in the design analyses of new and emerging technologies by independently evaluating, selecting, and applying scientific/engineering procedures and techniques to subject.
- Manage known technology projects of small or moderate size and scope; make substantial contributions to determining feasibility of goals and objectives; responsible for assuring quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Identify problems and related technical issues leading to long term, generic solutions; identify technical approach for solving problems and meeting customer requirements.
- Plan and perform tasks of a larger scope and lead specific tasks within the project scope; assemble research team members.
- Author/co-author on papers, proposals, presentations and reports.
- Interact in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals; provide ideas to improve organizational efficiency at group and department levels.
- Maintain external research relationships to identify and develop new technology projects.
- Mentor assigned staff in the development of technical, project, and business development skills.