Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is looking to hire a Repair Technician I to join our team of experts to work on, replace and improve the performance of IFE (in-flight entertainment) systems on planes for some of the most recognized airlines in the world. As the #1 provider of IFE products in the world, Panasonic Avionics offers a great culture, training platform, and long-term career trajectory that is designed to make your career TAKE OFF!
WHO WE ARE
If you've ever boarded a plane with a video display on the seat in front of you, offering Movies, TV, Gaming, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Audio, there's a great chance that Panasonic Avionics is behind it all. And we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Repair Technician team to help us continue to provide the best In-Flight-Entertainment products on the planet.
This is a full time, direct hire position offering competitive pay, great benefits, PTO, and paid vacation as well as other perks. Pay ranges from $17.31 to $ 29.33 per hour, based on years of experience.
- Perform routine tasks to ensure repair shop quality standards are met by calibration, testing, troubleshooting and repair of parts, components, circuits and mechanical assemblies. Recognize failures and set-up problems and determines the need for appropriate verification.
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Perform hand set-ups for digital tests. Recognize failures and set-up problems,and determine the need for appropriate verification.
- Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
- Test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level.
- Position and align parts and components. Secure them in place or remove them using appropriate, various methods including soldering, crimping, fastening, gluing, etc.
- Install assemblies in cases or cabinets.
- Generate repair cost quotation worksheets to be transmitted to end customer.
- Assess design configuration status of units under repair by referencing engineering documentation and maintenance manuals.
- Identify and navigate to appropriate electronic engineering and maintenance documentation to conduct repair actions.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 0-3 years of working experience in an electronic systems repair environment is required.
- Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience in an electrical technician, mechanical or assembly driven role.
- Associates degree in Electronics or equivalent military education or experience in a similar discipline is preferred
- Must have experience soldering, crimping, fastening and gluing.
- Must be able to test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level and secure or remove parts using various methods.
- Ability to operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures.
- Ability to use Volt-ohm meters, frequency meters, distortion analyzers, audio and video signal generator, and semi-automatic test equipment.
- Identify and utilize appropriate engineering documentation and maintenance manuals to assess design configuration and to conduct repair actions.
- Understanding of electronic circuit design for fault isolation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work on miniature electromechanical devices using common hand tools.
- Understanding of soldering techniques on surface mount technology where acrylic conformal coating is used is required.
- Knowledgeable with the use of power tools.
- Effectively communicate with shop supervision, Engineering and Quality departments to solve technical repair problems.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/50% match, 2 weeks PTO, 7 paid sick days, 3 personal days, 14 paid Company Holidays, Tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation
#electrical #electronic #avionics #electricalassembly #soldering #electricalharness #aircraftelectronics #aviation #airplane #aeronautics #broadbandantenna #radiofrequency